DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 37 of 71 First ... 27353637383947 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Thanks for the additional info. The crash is happening inside Unity, specifically the Mono library ... I was just curious because if I can replicate the issue it's much easier to get a bugfix out of the Unity devs. Couple more questions if you don't mind:

Was there any kind of animation/map layer effects on the battlemap?
    Are your display drivers from manufacture or open source?
    Are your display drivers up to date?

Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    At the time we were in battlemap chatter but I wasn't doing anything other than listening to the other players turns. So in other words the crashes occurred at random from my point of view as I wasn't actually interacting with FGU at all when the crashes occurred. So they seemed to occur out of the blue from my POV. What were the other players doing, interacting with the battlemap on their turns. Plotting movements, targeting hostiles, etc. Sorry that I've not a pattern to speak of.
    This sounds very similar to what's been happening to me. I've been submitting the logs via the email address.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    Thanks for the additional info. The crash is happening inside Unity, specifically the Mono library ... I was just curious because if I can replicate the issue it's much easier to get a bugfix out of the Unity devs. Couple more questions if you don't mind:

Was there any kind of animation/map layer effects on the battlemap?
    Yes the GM had LOS (second layer on top of background image) going on as well as a FX of myst (terciary layer).

Are your display drivers from manufacture or open source?
    From manufacturer:
    Code:
    dagobah@crimsonnib:~/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds$ inxi -G
    Graphics:  Device-1: NVIDIA GP106GL [Quadro P2000] driver: nvidia v: 450.80.02 
               Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.19.6 driver: nvidia resolution: 1920x1200~60Hz, 1920x1200~60Hz 
               OpenGL: renderer: Quadro P2000/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 450.80.02
    Are your display drivers up to date?
    Yup!
    Last edited by skj310; November 26th, 2020 at 11:03.

Yeah, it looks to be the same issue.. still working on trying to replicate it. Do you have any additional info that might help with that?

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We just posted the installer on Steam as well. You should be able to install through Steam if you want to try that. We marked it as requiring Ubuntu 16.04+. Let us know if you have luck with any other versions there.
    Do you have any info on 'launch options'? BC the SteamOS port is borked.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it looks to be the same issue.. still working on trying to replicate it. Do you have any additional info that might help with that?
    the layer that had the mist was NOT masked. Neither was the layer for LOS.

the first crash occurred near the end of a battle, and not long after the GM had drawn on the map (but not directly after that drawing either, meaning i don't think his drawing on the map was a trigger)
    What are the interactions via FGU near the 2 events? Hmmm ... that would be character sheet rolls for skill checks, and moving tokens on the map.

So sorry that i can't say there was a specific pattern that i had noted which might have been a trigger (e.g. adding a new token to the map). No, there was no trigger like that.

The one other interaction I can think of was Healing Word being dropped on my characters avatar from the Actions Tab from another player. I don't know if that was from his actions tab to the CT or from his actions tab to the battlemap. Nothing else comes to mind.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    ...Nothing else comes to mind.
    Oh **** ... just thought of another. I'm a druid and we were running the DWSI extension for Druids that's FGU compatible. I had just reverted from being wild-shaped as a badger via that extension, and returned to humanoid form ... that happened some minutes before the crash. Maybe that?

@theuduricIV - You also don't need to run FGU via Steam, even if it is SteamOS.

Does FGU show up in your library on Steam? If you go to the Store and do a FantasyGrounds Unity search it will have a button to use the demo.

@theuduricIV - I haven't personally used SteamOS nor tested FGU on it but I'm in the process of setting it up on a laptop so I will have more info shortly... But from what I've seen, it looks looks like a Debian based distro so I would expect the native Linux build of FGU to work on it.

But from what I've seen, it looks looks like a Debian based distro so I would expect the native Linux build of FGU to work on it.
    You and me both.
    Omnia mea mecum porto.

Thread Information