STAR TREK 2d20
Page 70 of 71 First ... 206068697071 Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    You might try reviewing the Unity player logs and system error logs; to see if there is any information on why it might be failing.
    ~/.config/unity3d/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/Player.log

Regards,
    JPG
    I will take a look. Thanks.

It just did it again. Here is the log after the crash.
    Attached Files Attached Files

And here is the log after a successful launch.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What is different between the successful launch and the failed launch? (It appears to be showing the same fault message in the log; somewhere in the UnityEngine code.)

Perhaps you can try clearing the Unity player preferences file, and see if that helps?
    I believe it should be located in: ~/.config/unity3d/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/

There's not much I can do here, as I don't run any Linux installations and all our test environments are Ubuntu (per system requirements).

Regards,
    JPG

What is different between the successful launch and the failed launch? (It appears to be showing the same fault message in the log; somewhere in the UnityEngine code.)

Perhaps you can try clearing the Unity player preferences file, and see if that helps?
    I believe it should be located in: ~/.config/unity3d/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/

There's not much I can do here, as I don't run any Linux installations and all our test environments are Ubuntu (per system requirements).

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will see what I can do on my end.

So, I removed it and reinstalled which seems to have resolved the issue but strangely now when I try to update the Test channel it just crashes and will not let me open setting to go back to the live channel. I had to remove it again and reinstall to get back to live. I am not sure why only the Test channel would behave this way.

It looks like it might be the new updater build. Ongoing discussion happening on the following thread in the Laboratory forum. (i.e. Test channel stuff)
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post687550

Regards,
    JPG

It looks like it might be the new updater build. Ongoing discussion happening on the following thread in the Laboratory forum. (i.e. Test channel stuff)
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post687550

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kholdstare View Post
    I'm guessing you're running on the stock Gnome desktop? Since they've moved to Wayland you may need to apply the workaround in my last post.
    Workaround is to run FGU using "GDK_BACKEND=x11 ./FantasyGrounds.x86_64" and see if the crash no longer happens (as long as you have XWayland, which you should by default).

@WilliamRiddle - see if this works for you too.
    Not sure if anyone else was having issues with Fantasy Grounds Unity crashing on Debian 11 anytime one clicks on an Import button, but setting GDK_BACKEND just fixed it for my setup.

I've been trying to download FGU on Linux, however I keep getting "no such file or directory"

Thread Information