DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 69 of 71 First ... 19596768697071 Last

Thread: Linux Testing

The file dialogs do not currently work in the Linux version of FG, so import/export of files will not work. We have a ticket out with the company who makes the file library, but do not have an ETA from them on a fix.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The file dialogs do not currently work in the Linux version of FG, so import/export of files will not work. We have a ticket out with the company who makes the file library, but do not have an ETA from them on a fix.

Regards,
    JPG
    damn thats annoying... used to work so wonder what broke. Kinda an important part of the product at times

You can get them work by wrapping a shell script around the FG application launch. See this post:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post663408

The problem is that the only file dialog library built natively as an asset for Unity which also supports Linux uses X11 display server, and Ubuntu and other Linux flavors have recently moved to forcing XWayland. As I mentioned, I've escalated to the Unity asset library developers, but no news from them.

Regards,
    JPG

@pord,

What Linux distribution, desktop environment and display server are you using?

FGU is specifically built for Ubuntu 2018.04 or newer, which is what the Unity build tool supports. I have a possible library fix; but I can't reproduce the issue locally on the Ubuntu default builds. I need to reproduce to be able to verify that the new library fixes, and doesn't break the default standard Ubuntu builds.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; December 2nd, 2022 at 21:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @pord,

What Linux distribution, desktop environment and display server are you using?

FGU is specifically built for Ubuntu 2018.04 or newer, which is what the Unity build tool supports. I have a possible library fix; but I can't reproduce the issue locally on the Ubuntu default builds. I need to reproduce to be able to verify that the new library fixes, and doesn't break the default standard Ubuntu builds.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Using Opensuse tumbleweed with gnome on wayland now.... worked fine with the above fix you posted before. Thanks

Not sure whether it's been previously reported... Long thread.

Just purchased Rolemaster and trying to install it. Downloaded the .bin file. Ran the chmod, clicked Y on the EULA and my system then hangs. Same happens trying to execute it in the GUI. I've left it for 15m or so and system just unresponsive.

Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS, Ryzen 5 with 32G etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Spinflight View Post
    Not sure whether it's been previously reported... Long thread.

Just purchased Rolemaster and trying to install it. Downloaded the .bin file. Ran the chmod, clicked Y on the EULA and my system then hangs. Same happens trying to execute it in the GUI. I've left it for 15m or so and system just unresponsive.

Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS, Ryzen 5 with 32G etc...
    Look above for workarounds for Wayland.

Quote Originally Posted by kylemahaney View Post
    Look above for workarounds for Wayland.
    Some combination of updating my drivers, x11 workaround and various other potchings appears to have been successful.

Thank you very much.

After the most recent update, I noticed that the game launch fails to start (this includes clicking update). It fails silently, around my third try it launches (including 3 tries to update). Nothing has changed with my install just the recent update. This is Fedora 38 so I am not sure it is an issue for other distros but Fedora tends to be ahead of them so it might be making its way to the others.

You might try reviewing the Unity player logs and system error logs; to see if there is any information on why it might be failing.
    ~/.config/unity3d/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/Player.log

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information