FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 22 of 71 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

We've had numerous reports about the slow scroll speed so I will get that fixed asap.

I'd like to report that today when I clicked CHECK FOR UPDATE my FGU Linux install exits. No error or any other noticeable malfunction -- it just quits. I am able to relaunch and even load a campaign, but cannot update. I'm on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS, and never had an issue before. MY FGC install on PlayOnLinux is updating fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

WR

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamRiddle View Post
    I'd like to report that today when I clicked CHECK FOR UPDATE my FGU Linux install exits. No error or any other noticeable malfunction -- it just quits. I am able to relaunch and even load a campaign, but cannot update. I'm on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS, and never had an issue before. MY FGC install on PlayOnLinux is updating fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

WR
    Did you install with the .deb installer or .bin installer?

DEB installer. Also, I would like to add that my Ubuntu install was updated over the weekend.

WR

DEB installer. Also, I would like to add that my Ubuntu install was updated over the weekend.

WR
    I thought I would test quick before going off to work, and I just noticed I get the same reaction when I click the SETTING button.

WR

WR
    Go back to the first message in this thread and follow the instructions there. You need to remove the deb install and redo the install following the new instructions.

WR
    Unfortunately, the last update contained breaking changes for existing installations that used the .deb installer. Please uninstall and reinstall with the new .bin installer and you should be good to go. Both the .bin installer and removal instructions can be found in the first post of this thread. If you have any issues after reinstalling please let me know.

This is a feature Req.: If not already enabled by default (depends on what window manager FGU will implement) PLEASE make sure that the ability to "shade" (i don't remember the exact terminology) the various windows. It minimizes the window as if one was pulling up a "shade". This allows more real-estate on your screen; if you want to see the window again you click on the shade and it open back up revealing the window. Unfortunately Windows hasn't figured out yet. Anyhow, Its been one of my favorite features to save screen real-estate along. That and the ability to create multiple windows, to again create more real-estate for your laptop or even desktop...

Both "shading" windows and creating multiple windows have been a staple of all flavors of *nix.

---- On that note does anyone know what flavor of Linux FGU will be using? Id really like to have a low footprint OS and Linux would be the lowest out of Windows and Mac. Actually Ubuntu is filled with bloatware so Id suggest NOT going with that if at all possible... albeit it is easy to install. I suppose one could roll a new Ubuntu and choose fewer apps... Its been awhile since I've use Ubuntu but I do remember when comparing all flavors of Linux Ubuntu was a 'heaviest'.
    Last edited by The Demiurge; September 29th, 2020 at 22:19.

Quote Originally Posted by The Demiurge View Post
    This is a feature Req.: If not already enabled by default (depends on what window manager FGU will implement) PLEASE make sure that the ability to "shade" (i don't remember the exact terminology) the various windows. Unfortunately Windows hasn't figured out yet. Its been one of my favorite features to save screen real-estate along with the ability to create multiple windows to again create more real-estate for your laptop or even desktop...

Both "shading" windows and creating multiple windows have been a staple of all flavors of *nix.

On that note does anyone know what flavor of Linux FGU will be using? Id really like to have a low footprint OS and Linux would be the lowest out of Windows and Mac. Actually Ubuntu is filled with bloatware so Id suggest NOT going with that. I suppose one could roll a new Ubuntu and choose fewer apps... Its been awhile since I've use Ubuntu but I do remember when comparing all flavors of Linux Ubuntu was a 'heaviest'.
    Ubuntu Bloatus is already the default but the new .bin works fine in multiple flavours (aside from the mouse wheel scroll speed which is WIP). All this is in the first post in this thread.

There is a feature request page - I am sure one of the team will link it soon.

We have been testing on several Linux distributions. I was running Ubuntu on one of my laptops but recently switched over to Manjaro. One of our CS guys is running Kubuntu and off the top of my head we have run tests on Debian, Fedora, Mint, and Elementary.

Thread Information