STAR TREK 2d20

Racial Ability Score Increase not working for custom races

Summary: I've created a new race and created an "Ability Score Increase" trait with the following description: "Your Strength score increases by 2, and your Constitution score increases by 1." But these ability scores are not increased accordingly in the character wizard.

Ruleset(s): 5E

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: New Campaign

Extensions/Themes: Standard Grey

Modules Loaded: D&D 5E SRD Data, D&D Basic Rules - DM, D&D Basic Rules - Players

Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 10, US English

Steps to Reproduce:
    1 - Create a new race.
    2 - Create a trait called "Ability Score Increase"
    3 - Add any increase here - even cut and paste one from another existing class - I used half-orc "Your Strength score increases by 2, and your Constitution score increases by 1." (without double quotes)
    4 - Launch the character wizard
    5 - Choose your new race
    6 - Check the stats tab and notice your racial adjustments are not applied

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to 5E forum. Please post ruleset specific questions in the appropriate forum unless they are specific to FGU. You will get a quicker and more accurate answer.

I'm assuming this doesn't work in the character wizard as well as through normal character creation. If it's only in the character wizard, let us know as then the issue should be posted in the Wizard thread (stickied). (I can move it then if needed.)

Make sure you have the wording exactly correct. The wiki should have detailed info, capitalization of the abilities must match exactly.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Currently struggeling with the same issue, haven't found any solution, if there is one, same settings as OP, ensured syntax is correct. Wizard doesn't recognize it, also isn't applied if manually added as a trait in a character sheet.

I don't think the character wizard supports custom races as yet.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hm, its weird cause it does support a good part of them, it takes certain traits into account, darkvision for example.
    Anyways, there is a decently easy workaround, just copy a base race and edit that one. While you can't create new subraces and have their ability score increases work, any present subraces and base races will work with edited scores.

Probably just have some trigger hidden inside of base races that allows them to work, one that custom races can't toggle

Blog Entries
    Any issues with the Character Wizard, please post in the Character Wizard sticky thread so the developer can be aware and respond.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Reports-(2020)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information