DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Vision distance

Vision distance

Forgive me if this has been covered. A search found nothing.
    Also I have only seen Unity from a GM perspective in the free version, so sorry if it is different as a player......

It seems a player can see an infinite distance, even in the dark with no darkvision or light source.
    The only playing experience I have with LoS is in Roll20, where each token can be assigned a light (vision) radius.
    Does unity have such a thing, or is it a feature still coming?

Loving FG and excited for a final release of Unity

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Markd102 View Post
    Forgive me if this has been covered. A search found nothing.
    Also I have only seen Unity from a GM perspective in the free version, so sorry if it is different as a player......

It seems a player can see an infinite distance, even in the dark with no darkvision or light source.
    The only playing experience I have with LoS is in Roll20, where each token can be assigned a light (vision) radius.
    Does unity have such a thing, or is it a feature still coming?

Loving FG and excited for a final release of Unity

Cheers
    At the moment FGU has only infinite range visibility Dynamic lighting is one of the first features for after release

Quote Originally Posted by Markd102 View Post
    Good to know. Thanks
    you're welcome

dynamic lighting currently works. you can set walls on the map and there is a fog of war that is slowly cleared as the pc's move through the map. the only way to do any kind of view distance that i can find though is doing it manually through masking on top of implementing the dynamic lighting

Quote Originally Posted by Paganspider View Post
    dynamic lighting currently works. you can set walls on the map and there is a fog of war that is slowly cleared as the pc's move through the map. the only way to do any kind of view distance that i can find though is doing it manually through masking on top of implementing the dynamic lighting
    thanks for this while clunky at least it is somewhat of a solution

"there is a fog of war that is slowly cleared as the pc's move through the map."

How do we find this? I only see the time of day, Masking and LOS features. And if available does it depend on the individual player. or can the whole team seen the reveal of the fog of war
    Last edited by FundPirate; January 2nd, 2021 at 23:13.

The fog if war mentioned is referring to line of sight. See the second video here for details on how it works https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Light and vision distance is being worked on and should be here soon(TM).

Very much looking forward to this feature. Love the system so far.

Thread Information