FG Spreadshirt Swag

Barbarians of Lemuria problems

Hello!

I've used FG a little bit for DCC and 5e games, so I decided to try running some BoL for some people next week.

I bought the Base BoL rules, and the two adventure module packs.

BUT, I am having some problems with the system so far.

1) There are no items. So I can't drag and drop things onto the character sheet. It seems like there should be. Is this as intended?

2) I can't seem to manually add weapons and armour to the character sheet. Perhaps this has to do with the no items "bug"?

3) I can't seem to make an attack roll off the character sheet by clicking the weapon text or dragging a die like in 5e. Is this normal?

4) There is no list of boons and flaws to drag onto characters. Is this as intended?

5) "Parcels", "Quests", and "Tables" are also empty of data.

I have no problems running things with a bit less automation, but I just wanted to make sure the package is as bare bones as intended, or if I have a glitch of some kind.

Let me know if any of you had the same experience.

Thanks!

I'm sorry for the delay in response. Have you tried loading the module data located in the Library and see if you can locate the modules you have purchased? This is where the records for the ruleset would be located. Rulesets themselves don't hold records and is just there to facilitate running the game. Modules contain the items, NPCs, and so forth. If no modules can be located then I would attempt an update and then check again.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

To echo Superteddy many of these are in the library.

Items (other than the weapons listed in the BoL rulebook) are not listed as the rules themselves have a very loose equipment system and as such are mainly added to a character on negotiation with the Gm.

Damned has made a couple for neat little updates recently to allow custom weapons to "stick" and custom boons and flaws cam be added directly to the character sheet.

The items, boons and flaws are located on lists in the BoL rules module accessed via the library tab and not custom side banners as the 5e ruleset.

Hope that helps.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobilar View Post
    Hello!

I've used FG a little bit for DCC and 5e games, so I decided to try running some BoL for some people next week.

1) There are no items. So I can't drag and drop things onto the character sheet. It seems like there should be. Is this as intended?

2) I can't seem to manually add weapons and armour to the character sheet. Perhaps this has to do with the no items "bug"?

3) I can't seem to make an attack roll off the character sheet by clicking the weapon text or dragging a die like in 5e. Is this normal?

4) There is no list of boons and flaws to drag onto characters. Is this as intended?

5) "Parcels", "Quests", and "Tables" are also empty of data.

I have no problems running things with a bit less automation, but I just wanted to make sure the package is as bare bones as intended, or if I have a glitch of some kind.

Let me know if any of you had the same experience.

Thanks!

Welcome Hobilar

Barbarians of Lemuria is a rules lite system and doesnt emphasize the same things Pathfinder or D&D do.

This is what the rules say about Equipment:

Starting gear
    The basic rule about character equipment is to give the players what they want! Conan, Red Sonja and Thongor never went shopping – neither should characters in Barbarians of Lemuria. If a player wants his character to have something that would be appropriate to his career, let him have it. If he wants something less appropriate, you can still let him have it. You can always take it away from him!

He is a soldier – let him have armour and a whole bunch of different weapons. He is a barbarian – let him have a necklace of andrak’s teeth, a loincloth, some javelins, a wineskin, and a sword. She is a serving wench – let her have a knife, several sets of fancy clothes, jewellery, and make-up. He is a magician – let him have rings on every finger, amulets, a star-patterned robe, and a skull-topped staff. She is a noble – let her have a villa outside Satarla and a galley in the port.

No costs have been included for the simple reason that Heroes can have what they want and what would be reasonable for their careers. Think of it this way – of what use is a palace in Satarla, when you are lost and alone in the Jungles of Qush, armed with only a sword in your tired fist?

By the same token, there are no rules for encumbrance. Heroes only go around with what they can reasonably carry. They live for the day. You never know what you will need on adventure and you can’t take everything, so why bother? Use your Hero Points instead. That’s what they are for.

If you want backpacks full of adventuring gear, a weapon for every occasion, three spare suits of armour and a pack animal to carry it all around on, then play another game. If all you want is a breechclout and a sturdy blade, play on!

----

If you load up the reference books from the library you will have drag and drop Weapons, Boons and Flaws. You access these from the Library itself.

Parcels, Quests and Tables come from the underlying game engine. Parcels and Quests might appear in published adventures or you might create them in your own campaigns. Parcels are a grouping of items. Quests are a tool for assigning XP. Neither are much used in BoL. Tables are used for speeding up rolling on random tables of which there are none in the BoL rulebook.

Attacks in BoL are not only based on your weapon. Have a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evKsEpgrg6w
    Attacks are based on your weapon, your boons and flaws, your careers, and your abilities. Select the weapon (click the check circle), flaws, boons, career and then double click ranged or melee.

Thank you for your replies.

It looks like I can click on the library and open each reference item for a small list of tables. Weapons is in there, but I can't seem to drag an item to the inventory of a character. It does drag into the Weapons spot on the main page of the character sheet. My players (and I) are the types who like to use inventory, even if its just to list the two weapons and armour that we start with. Having tables that allow me to drag items into character sheet inventories as well as Weapon/Armor slots is helpful in that I don't have to create a new item every time.

I read your responses to others with similar problems about making armour on the character sheet, so that was helpful.

I'm slowly getting familiar with the interface - clicking the bubble next to all relevant attributes and then rolling by clicking the stat, for instance.

You are right in that D&D 5e has raised my expectations for what's included in these rule sets and modules. Oh well, I'll change my expectations and see what I can do with this one. I think I can pull off a few one shot sessions next weekend.

Thanks again
    Last edited by Hobilar; November 13th, 2020 at 20:51.

Blog Entries
    Hi Hobilar,

We converted this game to Fantasy Grounds in conjunction with the publisher. It is a rules-lite RPG system and the Fantasy Grounds implementation was meant to reflect the game system rules. There is no equipment list for me to create for the game, there isnt one in the rule book.

If it is something that you think might be useful to others you could export your Equipment List (you can drag equipment from your charsheet back into the Items library) and upload it here for others.

5E is played around 50,000 sessions a week and BoL about 50x a year (with corresponding revenues). It is never going to have the support and features that 5E has Im sorry.

Im guessing you are referring to this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...emuria-Ruleset if not it might be worth a read.

--

Warlord: "What is best in life?"
    Conan: "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    ...you can drag equipment from your charsheet back into the Items library...
    That's very helpful. Thanks!

Thread Information