DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: PFRPG - Races

PFRPG - Races

This is a fork/update to PFRPG Advanced Races module by swbuza (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Advanced-Races). I want to say a huge thank you to swbuza for all the work he did on this.

The formatting of the module has changed slightly from swbuza's original version.
    All of the text for each race is now in it's individual entry as well as the drag-drop links for each items.
    The alternate traits have been grouped by the trait they replace.

This module contains all current races from the Archive of Nethys. 75 races in total.

It contains standard and alternate racial traits, sub races, favored class options, racial feats, and racial spells.

Each of the races can be drag-dropped onto the character sheet. As can all the individual components (traits, feats, spells, etc.)

Versions
    There are two modules attached.

PFRPG - Races.mod
    This module is a standalone module that has all the feats and spells within the module itself.

PFRPG - Races (Linked).mod
    The data for the feats and spells have been removed from the module itself.
    Instead this module links to the PFRPG - Feats and PFRPG - Spellbook module and gets the feat and spells information from those modules.
    See next post for pros and cons of this module.

Download Modules
    Copies of both modules are attached to this post. If you are using FGC you will need to download them from here.
    If you are using FGU you can find both of these modules on FG Forge - PFRPG - Races --- PFRPG - Races (Linked)

And now how you can help!
    A good amount of this module was entered by hand. Which means that errors will exist.
    If you use this module and notice a mistake, please reply to this thread so that I can correct it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dllewell; December 24th, 2022 at 00:19. Reason: New races added

Pros and Cons of the PFRPG - Races (Linked).mod

The major con of using this module is that you must also have the PFRPG - Feats and PFRPG - Spellbook loaded.

The pros for using this module are -
    Smaller module size. The text for the spells and data are not in this module so it is smaller.

More up to date. Because this module gets it's data from the other modules it will be updated with the new information at the same time the other two modules are updated. Assuming you load the latest versions of the other two modules of course. I will try to keep this module up to date but any changes to spells and feats will be made to those modules first.

No duplication of spells and feats in the spells and feats lists.
    If you have the PFRPG - Races and PFRPG - Feats modules loaded then you will see duplicate entries in the feat list for all feats in the PFRPG - Races module.
    In the same way, If you have the PFRPG - Races and PFRPG - Spellbook modules loaded then you will see duplicate entries in the spell list for all spells in the PFRPG - Races module.

In the example below we are looking at the Attuned to the Wild feat. If you have the PFRPG - Races and PFRPG - Feats module loaded you can see that the feat is shown in the feat list twice. (Before)
    If you have the PFRPG - Races (Linked) and PFRPG - Feats modules loaded then it only shows up once in the feat list. (After)

PFRPG - Races - Before - After.png

deleted
    Last edited by darrenan; August 29th, 2020 at 00:24.

@darrenan - I saw your post, before you deleted it

The reason that Lizard folk aren't in the races book is because I used Archives of Nethys as my source and Lizard folk aren't there.

Which got me to wondering why they are at d20pfsrd but not Archives of Nethys. Which identified 10 races that are identified as Paizo (not 3rd party) races at d20prsrd that are not at Archives of Nethys.

These fall into 3 categories of races.

Race Builder Races
    These are races that we built as examples in the Race Builder section of the Advanced Race Guide. They were not fully fleshed out just having some basic traits applied. These races are -
    Centaur, Ogre, Lizard Folk, Drider and Gargoyle.

Niobe Races
    These are races from the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Niobe supplement. As far as I can tell this was a Kickstarter that was a joint venture between Paizo and Asunda comics. It is, as far as I can tell, considered to be an official Paizo product, not a 3rd party product.
    It is a supplement that details the world of Asunda, including a new campaign setting, a new class, new races, new feats, new magic items and new monsters.
    The races from this book are -
    Esufey, Galemren, Grachuck, Sin-Galemren.

Other Race - Shobhad
    Finally we have the Shobhad. Not really a fully fleshed out race. Its printed as a monster in Distant Worlds. In People of the Stars there is a small blurb about the race and suggestion about creating them as a race but taking the racial traits of the Kasathas and making some adjustments.

I will work on adding the Race Builder Races (Centaur, Ogre, Lizard Folk, Drider and Gargoyle) and the Shobhad to the races book.

I will not be adding the Niobe Races. These don't fit in with the Core rules and they are not part of the Golarion campaign so are very niche for those who want to play the World of Asunda setting. Additionally, I would have to bring in more than just the races as they have feats and abilities that are also only in this one supplement.

Probably more than you needed, or cared, to know. But I'd already done the research to identify whether I should add these races, so figured why not share it
    Last edited by dllewell; September 2nd, 2020 at 15:42.

New versions have been uploaded to the first post.

The following races have been added to these new versions - Centaur, Drider, Gargoyle, Gnoll, Lizardfolk, Ogre and Shobhad

Ogres are not being flagged as Large.

Unfortunately, none of the large races are automatically flagged as being large.

It doesn't appear that the ruleset recognizes the Large keyword in regards to race size so does not automatically make the adjustments.

For Large races you will need to manually apply the 'Large' racial modifications.

Is anyone else aware of different options for this? is there a different keyword that can be used with races to automatically apply 'Large' racial modifiers?

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Unfortunately, none of the large races are automatically flagged as being large.

It doesn't appear that the ruleset recognizes the Large keyword in regards to race size so does not automatically make the adjustments.

For Large races you will need to manually apply the 'Large' racial modifications.

Is anyone else aware of different options for this? is there a different keyword that can be used with races to automatically apply 'Large' racial modifiers?
    As far as I know that needs to be manually adjusted for PCs (though it could be easy added to the code, but I just looked and there is no support for automatic entrying of that )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    As far as I know that needs to be manually adjusted for PCs (though it could be easy added to the code, but I just looked and there is no support for automatic entrying of that )
    Thank you for looking in the code Kelrugem, and confirming that.

Skinwalker (Witchwolf) has a typo "beatial" rather than bestial and the description could be clearer that the bestial features are a set of choices (not all active at once -- see skinwalker base description).

Thread Information