DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Player created effects and the Combat Tracker.

I think i posted this as a suggestion in the past, but not sure it went anywhere. At least I don't recall any answers or ideas.

Right now, in the SWADE ruleset, once a player is on the combat tracker, they have little or no options there. Many thing the GM has to do for them. A power expiring? The GM has to approve extending it. You put an effect on another actor, and want to now drop it? The GM has to remove it. Even applying an effect to yourself, it can only be removed by the GM. In rulesets like 5E the player has far more control over their own effects and abilities with regard to the combat tracker. This makes life MUCH easier for the GM. Why is this not possible in the SWADE ruleset?

And before we go down that rabbit hole..... if you worry your players will cheat.... you are playing with the wrong players.....

Also, when we play, doing a wound to an extra doesn't Incapacitate them. They don't turn into a blood splat, even though options are enabled. The whole process of when an NPC takes 1 (or 3) wounds and needs to be eliminated seems very confusing. Any quick guides on how that all works that anyone knows of?
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

No other input on this? Does SW in general just put most of the responsibility on the GM by default?
    i3ullseye

Ultimate License holder

Agreed... I love when my players take the initiative to drop effects on PCs. And, I'm often asked to re-up power duration. As a GM I would welcome the players having more control and access to ease my job.
    Ultimate License: Fantasy Grounds Unity
    Timezone: Eastern (GMT -4)
    Play Time: Prefer 6 p.m. Eastern, or later
    Playing and GM: Savage Worlds Adventure Edition / D&D 5e
    Discord: vripley#8567
    youtube.com/c/vaughnripley

I agree that more player control in the Combat Tracker would be helpful. They can do Wounds & Fatigue, so why not other things?

No disagreement here. Sometimes I feel like the rulesets are designed more to force people to follow the rules as opposed to helping people use the rules with less effort.

Quote Originally Posted by i3ullseye View Post
    I think Also, when we play, doing a wound to an extra doesn't Incapacitate them. They don't turn into a blood splat, even though options are enabled. The whole process of when an NPC takes 1 (or 3) wounds and needs to be eliminated seems very confusing. Any quick guides on how that all works that anyone knows of?
    Let's start with the SWADE rulebook page 87:
    Besides your own characters, it’s up to the Game Master to decide which characters are Wild Cards. The sergeant of the City Watch probably isn’t a Wild Card, but Sergeant Grimlock of the City Watch may be. Skytch the Dragon is also a Wild Card, though his three young wyrms aren’t.
    Wild Cards are those who have stepped up to do more than most. They dare, aspire, and risk it all to be a hero—or a villain!
    So most enemies are Extras but some can be Wild Cards.

Next we go to page 95 of the SWADE rulebook, I've underlined the important part about Extras:
    Wounds
    Every raise on the damage roll inflicts a Wound. Extras are Incapacitated if they take a single Wound (and aren’t Resilient, see page 178). They’re dead, injured, or otherwise out of the fight.
    Wild Cards can take three Wounds and still function (more with certain Edges or abilities). Further damage doesn’t cause additional Wounds but Incapacitates them instead.
    So Extras can only take one Wound and they are Incapacitated, while a Wild Card can take three wounds.

Now as far as Fantasy Grounds Unity is concerned, after you apply damage to an Extra and that damage is enough to give it a wound a little red circle with a white line in it appears above the 'Toughness' listed in the combat tracker. Click that little red circle and it will become a little red circle with a dash in it. Click the circle a second time and the creature disappears and you should get the blood stain. You can use the linked files 'Combat Tracker-01.png' and 'Combat Tracker-02.png' as reference.

I hope that cleared some things up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That does indeed! I think we were using other various methods of removing an NPC. this works like a charm!
    i3ullseye

Ultimate License holder

https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com...fgii?ia=133878

Allow players to remove effects from CT - saving the GM time. Needs some more votes. Don't know how old this one is.

Has anyone looked into forking the Player Effect Removal Extension? I use it for its stack functionality in another rule system, but I have no idea if the actual "player effect removal" stuff would work in SWADE.
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Quote Originally Posted by srbongo View Post
    Has anyone looked into forking the Player Effect Removal Extension? I use it for its stack functionality in another rule system, but I have no idea if the actual "player effect removal" stuff would work in SWADE.
    I doubt it would work in SWADE, but that is the general idea - think there is also a similar one for 5e.

Thread Information