STAR TREK 2d20

Creating NPC's in Unity for Pathfinder 2e?

Hello all, I'm trying to create an npc that will probably be used for combat purposes, how would I go about doing that? Do I create the character just like a pc or is their a npc builder somewhere? Thanks in advance.....

It's really depends on the purpose of the NPC. Will they level up? Will the players control them?

In Paizo products all NPCs are usually created through a bestiary statblock. For FG, a NPC statblock makes it much easier for the GM to control during the game and in a lot of respects a NPC statblock will be easier for the players to control if that is going to happen, as it is less complex than a PC sheet. However, if the NPC will level up, then it will be easier to do that as a PC. It might also be easier to manage as a PC if equipment (weapons/armor) will be frequently added to, and removed from, the NPC.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am working on an old school conversion and needed some 'npc' templets. I was taking monsters from the Bestiary and adjusting them. Trenloe pointed me to this module which is a HUGE help > https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ery-Guide-NPCs

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's really depends on the purpose of the NPC. Will they level up? Will the players control them?

In Paizo products all NPCs are usually created through a bestiary statblock. For FG, a NPC statblock makes it much easier for the GM to control during the game and in a lot of respects a NPC statblock will be easier for the players to control if that is going to happen, as it is less complex than a PC sheet. However, if the NPC will level up, then it will be easier to do that as a PC. It might also be easier to manage as a PC if equipment (weapons/armor) will be frequently added to, and removed from, the NPC.
    Thanks for the response, it will be a big baddie for the group to go against.

Quote Originally Posted by ivioin View Post
    Thanks for the response, it will be a big baddie for the group to go against.
    Build them as an NPC then. That's the standard.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

yeah, click bestiary tab, right click, create npc.

Thread Information