FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Rules for advertising - Read First!

This area is the dedication location for advertising anything that is not free and not available in our main store listing. Items which are not free should not be posted to any other thread on the forums. Currently, that means the following items only are allowed:

• DMs Guild products with a Fantasy Grounds component
    • Pre-approved Kickstarters that are covered under an established Publisher Agreement with SmiteWorks
    • Forge items that are not free

For Kickstarter Backers:
    You can add a referrer in your management system and the URL should link using that. You can use this for reporting to know how many referrals came from the forums

For DMs Guild Backers:
    Unless you are using your own affiliate id, you should add this to the end of your URL:
    &affiliate_id=132637

This gives credit to Fantasy Grounds so that OneBookShelf will shift 10% of their 30% cut for any proceeds over to Fantasy Grounds.

You can include an image in your post and a short description. Users may want to subscribe to your post and you should feel free to use that post as a way to notify your customers of any updates. Be clear to indicate that you are solely responsible for the maintenance of your creation.

Important Rules - as of May 6th, 2021
    • DO NOT post your creation or anyone else's creations into someone else's Paid Creations thread.
    • DO NOT speak about other users' creations in your Paid Creations threads. Any questions from unaffiliated users should be directed away to the other creator.

Violation of this may result in your own Paid Creations threads being removed. Posts that occurred prior to this rule will be edited out of threads if a moderator is notified.
    Last edited by ddavison; August 18th, 2022 at 14:37.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Doug

Is there a way to do this on DriveThruRPG as well for non 5E material?
    Only if the creator is also covered under a separate Publisher Agreement with us. The DMs Guild is a special arrangement we have in place between us, the creator, OneBookShelf, and the D&D team.

I (and a few other accounts I have seen) have Patreon links listed as a form of voluntary support/donation.
    Is it allowed to post these? You can see the format I am asking about in the 'extensions' link in my signature.
    Last edited by bmos; September 13th, 2020 at 12:19.

Blog Entries
    We occasionally grant people permission to collect donations for work they produce for the FG community, but it needs to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We occasionally grant people permission to collect donations for work they produce for the FG community, but it needs to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
    Thanks for clarifying that.
    Last edited by bmos; September 23rd, 2020 at 20:03.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Is the restriction limited to promoting my Patreon page via FG's platforms such as this forum or is the issue the fact that extensions are created around FG's proprietary ruleset code? Also, does this apply to the Pay What You Want option on DMs Guild?

I've tried to be as clear/compliant as possible about licensing in my community content, but apparently I have missed this aspect so I am eager to come into compliance however possible.
    I put my Patreon on pause on the 13th and will continue renewing the pause each month until I know how to proceed.
    Last edited by bmos; September 23rd, 2020 at 20:08.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Is the restriction limited to promoting my Patreon page via FG's platforms such as this forum or is the issue the fact that extensions are created around FG's proprietary ruleset code? Also, does this apply to the Pay What You Want option on DMs Guild?
    It is a combination of both.

As an example:
    • Selling a bunch of JPG and PNG images that someone could use in Fantasy Grounds or any other VTT would be allowed without any sort of agreement, as long as you didn't advertise using our name, logo or images. If you said for use in any virtual tabletop software, that would comply and be allowed.
    • Bundling those images in a .mod file that works with Fantasy Grounds and selling that would be prohibited because now you are using our proprietary file format, XML, etc.

These restrictions can be waived on a case-by-case basis by us providing direct permission to various creators, allowed through a blanket permission like we have with DM's Guild, or allowed with a Publisher Agreement that specifies specific guidelines and royalties.

Blog Entries
    Any updates relevant to commercial products on the FG Forge?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    The Forge allows commercial products. What specifically do you want to know?

Thread Information