FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Hi Ian and Damned and esmedev okay so last situation was also that all skill options were lost from the set up tab, opening a blank drop down, I turned the translation off deleted all campaigns and started again, ok so now it works, but deleting Charm from the Era does not affect set up in any way. During this I have tried to make a few quite minor alterations in order to adapt the ruleset to my existing TT campaign. The result has been pretty disappointing I will list here the things I still require and can you tell me if they are doable without me spending hours on it.
    1/ Removal of Charm from the Character Sheet and skills list. Even if you remove it from the Era it still appears in the set up tab as an option( I see that for some reason Artillery and Brawl are removable why not make everything removable?)
    2/ Ideally the addition of Social Class as a rolled stat, this makes the choosing of an occupation a lot more fun and is central to the concept of the Golden Dawn Book.
    With these two I think I can rejig the skills and occupations sufficiently to make the adaptation.

Thanks for your help

Blog Entries
    Im still quite unclear what you are doing in your first para or point 1.

2. You cant just Add a Stat. There is a whole bunch of code that goes in behind the scenes for that.
    Most stats also impact other things, this doesnt magically happen it has to be coded for.

From what I can tell Golden Dawn was written for the 5th Edition - it wasnt written for 7th edition.

Ok never mind probably not worth all this hassle, i will seek a different route

You can create an Era with just the skills you want and make sure that the campaign Era option is set to that Era before creating the character.
    When the character is created, the skill list is initialised from the current Era and will be correct.

screenshot.jpg

As Damned says, adding a new rolled attribute is not so simple. The only thing I can suggest is creating a skill and manually rolling the value and putting it in. I don't know if that would be acceptable.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ruedas View Post
    Hi Ian and Damned and esmedev okay so last situation was also that all skill options were lost from the set up tab, opening a blank drop down, I turned the translation off deleted all campaigns and started again, ok so now it works, but deleting Charm from the Era does not affect set up in any way. During this I have tried to make a few quite minor alterations in order to adapt the ruleset to my existing TT campaign. The result has been pretty disappointing I will list here the things I still require and can you tell me if they are doable without me spending hours on it.
    1/ Removal of Charm from the Character Sheet and skills list. Even if you remove it from the Era it still appears in the set up tab as an option( I see that for some reason Artillery and Brawl are removable why not make everything removable?)
    2/ Ideally the addition of Social Class as a rolled stat, this makes the choosing of an occupation a lot more fun and is central to the concept of the Golden Dawn Book.
    With these two I think I can rejig the skills and occupations sufficiently to make the adaptation.

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    You can create an Era with just the skills you want and make sure that the campaign Era option is set to that Era before creating the character.
    When the character is created, the skill list is initialised from the current Era and will be correct.

screenshot.jpg

As Damned says, adding a new rolled attribute is not so simple. The only thing I can suggest is creating a skill and manually rolling the value and putting it in. I don't know if that would be acceptable.

Ian
    tried that and charm still appeared in the set up window for character creation, can I make this work? Probably. Is it worth all the time, no not at this stage.

So I got a refund for the Mod, thanks guys

PS gonna see if the 6E ruleset is any better, unless anyone thinks the Basic would be better for me?
    Last edited by ruedas; August 19th, 2020 at 21:01.

Sorry you couldn’t make it do what you wanted.

Just out of interest, what do you mean by “charm still appeared in the set up window for character creation”?

What is the set up window for character creation?

Quote Originally Posted by ruedas View Post
    tried that and charm still appeared in the set up window for character creation, can I make this work? Probably. Is it worth all the time, no not at this stage.

So I got a refund for the Mod, thanks guys

PS gonna see if the 6E ruleset is any better, unless anyone thinks the Basic would be better for me?

Thread Information