STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 49 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hi SilentRuin, I don't know why, but the Token that I see in the "Action Tab", does not match the token I see on the NPC, which matches to the token on the battle map.
    It's not a big issue, but wondering if that might be something you would like to improve in the future.

Again many thanks for all your help, can't wait to use your extension in tomorrow's game!
    Per DMsG text and video - I inform you that tokens are taken from the source you use - what you originally drop into the field. This can be a reference.* from some read only module - in which case your stuck with what you get - or from npc.* from some custom NPC which is then what you have defined in token. You can for sure get it confused, but it has absolutely zero to do with my code. I use what you initially drop into the token field - and that will be grabbing the token out of that thing (and I've seen tokens not defined in FGU). Just because you have some token defined in combat tracker - or later define one in your source - its when you drop it in there that matters as that is stored in PC/NPC sheet. And if you use death indicator its always going to default to letter if it can't find a token - but that is a whole other thing.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Hi, I have another question, from reading DMSguild, description I got the idea that Polymorphing NPCs would be possible, but I haven't gotten it to work? Could you confirm if this is possible and help me where I can find out how to apply it to my NPC?

I have a druid NPC from Lost mine of Phandelver (Ruins of Thundertree), would like to give the Wildshape to his squirrel form if possible.

Many Thanks!!
    It's absolutely done by everyone including me that has told me they used this. You even showed me a picture of an NPC with the char_polymorphism window up in an NPC. I even show you in the video a subgroup of custom NPC's called polytester (one of which is even a chair demonstrating the special object/item types for true polymorph). I specifically state in this thread right before your comments what the rules are to get things to show in PC and NPC sheets. I even have the text describing it in detail. Even the video has a PugUgly custom NPC where I drop every thing I support into it - including wild shape. At the risk of repeating myself in this very thread - look up a few posts to see where I describe what has to be an NPC to play.

Amazing thanks I'm so glad that its possible, yes but that NPC sheet was linked to a PC that's why it had the polymorph in there. Just wanted to be sure, that it was even possible no point in trying to make it work otherwise.

Amazing thanks I'm so glad that its possible, yes but that NPC sheet was linked to a PC that's why it had the polymorph in there. Just wanted to be sure, that it was even possible no point in trying to make it work otherwise.
    NPC was linked to a PC? That's not even possible FYI. I only support polymorphing things that are NPC's. In other words, if you want to have an NPC turn into a PC - you'd have to create that PC as a custom NPC. I was pretty sure it would not even accept a PC or would not actually convert it if it did.

By linking I meant that in the Action Tab of the PC, I added the NPC in which the PC could polymorph into.

I got it working for my NPC druid

I added the trait: Shapechanger --> added him to CT --> voila magic !!

By linking I meant that in the Action Tab of the PC, I added the NPC in which the PC could polymorph into.

I got it working for my NPC druid

I added the trait: Shapechanger --> added him to CT --> voila magic !!
    Yep - part of the horror of writing this was that PC and NPC are pretty much completely different on how they store things in db.xml. The code I actually use to drag these things out is what I was referencing earlier in this thread - looks like you found it. Wild Shape in a PC would need to be a feature - go figure.

Actually ShapeChanger is wide open and is NOT going to follow the rules of Wild Shape. I thought you wanted to use Wild Shape in the NPC? Dropping Wild Shape link into the main page of the NPC drops it where I indicated in thread earlier in my code. Shapechanger has no rules or conversions and will NOT be what you want for a druid - as they have all sorts of rules and conversions on that NPC sheet they turn into.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 4th, 2020 at 15:20.

Yes they did not make it very easy for you to implement wildshape, but how you managed to do it in your extension is very elegant !

Yes they did not make it very easy for you to implement wildshape, but how you managed to do it in your extension is very elegant !
    You got my last message edit right? Shapechanger is not what you want for a druid. You want to drop in Wild Shape so all the NPC conversion rules for a druid get applied. Shapechanger has no rules because creatures with it have all sorts of their own rules - I don't even use it in my campaign when it shows as an option as most sheets already have everything you need - and when I do use it I end up making a hardcoded custom NPC for it because its sheet conversion rules are usually unique (think Curse of Strahd vampire polymorph rules and making custom NPC specifically for him).

The whole point of this extension is that it is a royal pain to handle all the rules involving the sheet data you actually apply - but you only get the benefit of polymorphism handling all that for you if you use something that does that. Shapechanger leaves all that up to you - wild shape and other spells will do all that complexity for you.

Hi, sorry I don't understand how I can drop in Wild Shape to an NPC sheet.
    I am not so familiar how to customise NPCs. I tried adding Wild Shape to traits.
    Or drag and drop it from a druid PCs Abilities Tab onto the NPC, traits or spells, but it doesn't parse them.

Do you know how I could add wildshape to an NPC?
    Thanks again!

Hi, sorry I don't understand how I can drop in Wild Shape to an NPC sheet.
    I am not so familiar how to customise NPCs. I tried adding Wild Shape to traits.
    Or drag and drop it from a druid PCs Abilities Tab onto the NPC, traits or spells, but it doesn't parse them.

Do you know how I could add wildshape to an NPC?
    Thanks again!
    ?

Its no different than any other custom NPC you create in pure FGU.

Create your custom NPC druid (ie. not some read only version from a module - your own copy of it as you want to write new stuff into it). I usually drop it in some group I've created so I know where it is but you can use uncategorized if you like or whatever NPC group you want. You then open that up (unlock it) and go to classes -> Druid and grab the Wild shape link - and drag it over and drop it on NPC sheet. I think it gets added to actions. Re-lock the custom NPC sheet. Poof done. Same for any spells (only you'd drag the links out of SPELLS). I basically created PugUgly in video where I dropped everything I support into it. Shapechanger just requires you to have that exact text present as a trait - as you know - but will do nothing in terms of rule applications because it has none.

Thread Information