STAR TREK 2d20
Page 23 of 49 First ... 13212223242533 ... Last
    "I'd definitely look into doing it with a parcel though if you do it. Just my two cents - though not trying to encourage the crazy - just suggesting a potential way to ease the pain of the crazy"

Could you expand on this thought? Really appreciate your experience here.

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    "I'd definitely look into doing it with a parcel though if you do it. Just my two cents - though not trying to encourage the crazy - just suggesting a potential way to ease the pain of the crazy"

Could you expand on this thought? Really appreciate your experience here.
    Well with map parcels, which you were discussing earlier in here I think, you can drag entire links into a parcel. If you are willing to RISK losing all your inventory - you could simply drag the PC or NPC inventory sheet link into a parcel you create. It would empty out the PC inventory (and the NPC one but that will be lost anyway unless in permanent NPC list version also), but it would get all the inventory in the parcel (as best you can do that sort of thing in the limits of how that code works - won't preserve any locations). You can even make it a map parcel you place in map next to token your polymorphing in form of backpack/bag/whatever. Then after polymorph - if the NPC you turn into can even use items - you can pick them back into its inventory. THE RISK being you will LOSE IT ALL If you forget to put it back in pack before you change back. Or just make a copy of the parcel for safekeeping of the items.

Gist being - its RISKY and CRAZY. And I'd never do it except in very special circumstances. Its a pain no matter how you cut trying to manage inventories between things that appear and disappear in CT that are not permanent (and NPCs are NOT permanent in the CT - they are initially copies of what is in the NPC data list and any modification to them are lost if the CT is deleted - without copying it back into NPC list of course).

My recommendation is DO NOT MESS with it. Make things simple and say - you morph all your stuff from PC (which remains unchanged and unused). As a beast (wildshape) will never use things a humanoid can. Period.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thanks for the run down food for thought.

Thanks for your help guys,

@SilentRuin, that's great - the info from the txt file works great (should have read that in the first place lol) - i certainly don't want to track all inventory only have that one magic item work across multiple forms and by setting it to concentration or duration >0 I can accomplish just that

@wrightsuff169, @silentruin. So there is actually much easier solution to this which I just tested.
    For it to work you will need the following exts running (all created by Silentruin) 1 Polymorphism, 2 Equipped Effects, 3 Map Parcels.
    Below are the steps I followed to make a ring of protection work with a Wildshape of an ape.
    1 make a copy of the ape NPC.
    2 on the inventory of the copy of the ape drop in the ring of protection
    3 make sure the ring is identified in the inventory
    4 make sure the ring is attuned in the inventory
    5 equip the ring in the inventory.
    6 Drag the copy of the NPC onto the polymorphism area of the PC character sheet.
    7 Activate the wildshape of the copied npc.
    You should see that the effect has been correctly applied to the entry of the wildshaped PC in the CT it also retains the information. So you could make things simple and just add those items you as a DM believe transfer and work correctly to a copy of a npc wildshape follow the above steps before adding the shape to the character sheet and you should be good to go.
    I'm with Silentruin I'm not sure I would allow my PC's to do this but it works and it was good theory crafting and great to see Silentruins package of extensions working harmoniously together for a alternative use.
    Oh and one final thing this may work currently but Extensions = Risk and it may not in the future.

V1.23 - Bug - missing init call and did not place limit in combobox definitions so that scroll bar would be used properly.

Polymorph not showing up... I know it's me. I have a level 20 wizard. Polymorph in the level 4 slot. Picked for casting in preparation, and he is in the combat tracker, but the ext is not activating.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    Polymorph not showing up... I know it's me. I have a level 20 wizard. Polymorph in the level 4 slot. Picked for casting in preparation, and he is in the combat tracker, but the ext is not activating.
    If you have the exact spell name present then it will show up. If you've got some morphed text version of the spell - it will not. I suspect you don't have the expected syntax its looking for in your spells present.

Got to be one of these in the expected feature/trait/spell name.

<string name="polymorph_filter_PolymorphSpell">Polymorph</string>
    <string name="polymorph_filter_TruePolymorphSpell">True Polymorph</string>
    <string name="polymorph_filter_AnimalShapesSpell">Animal Shapes</string>
    <string name="polymorph_filter_ShapechangeSpell">Shapechan ge</string>
    <string name="polymorph_filter_Wild_Shape">Wild Shape</string>
    <string name="polymorph_filter_Shapechanger">Shapechanger</string>
    <string name="polymorph_filter_Shapeshifter">Shapeshifter</string>

Which by default (PHB, DMG, MM) it will be.

OMG I went there to show you that all I did was drag it from the PHB, and it was there. So yeah I feel like an idiot

V1.24 - Bug - incorrect coding that caused a PC shapechanger not to drop dead when they were killed in their changed shape.

I swear every time I try to make a video explaining everything I find another bug.

Thread Information