DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 20 of 49 First ... 10181920212230 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Arghun View Post
    Yes I'm very sure of that I never unzip anything in my FGU folders. Will test with a brand new campaign to rule out something weird in the DB.

Will let you know tomorrow, I'm dm'ing right now
    Test scenario:

brand new 5E campaign, only extension loaded is Poly.
    PHB loaded
    FGU version up to date
    Druid is level 5 (leveled up by dragging the class)

Error Message I get int the chat: "Wildshaper: Rat challenge Rating (or level) of 0 is not valid for Druid level 0 for Wild Shape"

Ok so the problem is tied to the fact that ONCE you click on a filter then you can no longer remove it. I don't know why I had to click on it on the player's sheet. Since it's a druid I clicked on Wild Shape (nothing was selected in the filter before that).

Since there is NO way to clear the filter it breaks the functionality (the druid is NOT a Circle of the Moon druid so that might explain why I SHOULDN'T select Wild Shape as a filter).

I also tested with a Circle of the Moons druid, hoping it would allow me to select Wild Shape as a filter but selecting it BREAKS the functionality.

What's the purpose of that filter if when you select it breaks the functionality ?

Please give me your feedback. If you don't run into this then I'll need to reset my brains I guess.

Have you added them to the combat tracker?

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    Have you added them to the combat tracker?
    I have, if you don’t (as far as I remember) you dont even get the charsheet populated with the feature.

Yeah if you add a spell like polymorph to the character does you filter let you choose between the two?

Test scenario:

brand new 5E campaign, only extension loaded is Poly.
    PHB loaded
    FGU version up to date
    Druid is level 5 (leveled up by dragging the class)

Error Message I get int the chat: "Wildshaper: Rat challenge Rating (or level) of 0 is not valid for Druid level 0 for Wild Shape"

Ok so the problem is tied to the fact that ONCE you click on a filter then you can no longer remove it. I don't know why I had to click on it on the player's sheet. Since it's a druid I clicked on Wild Shape (nothing was selected in the filter before that).

Since there is NO way to clear the filter it breaks the functionality (the druid is NOT a Circle of the Moon druid so that might explain why I SHOULDN'T select Wild Shape as a filter).

I also tested with a Circle of the Moons druid, hoping it would allow me to select Wild Shape as a filter but selecting it BREAKS the functionality.

What's the purpose of that filter if when you select it breaks the functionality ?

Please give me your feedback. If you don't run into this then I'll need to reset my brains I guess.
    I've duplicated it - let me see what is going on - likely a new version coming out.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I've duplicated it - let me see what is going on - likely a new version coming out.
    Ok I was mistaken - the only way I "duplicated it" was to have a test character that was not a druid that I added Wildshape - then I got the 0 druid level. Once I debugged and realized my mistake I made it a mutli class level 4 druid - and then all the checks worked - it was still blank on the bat/bear/direwolf I had loaded but that was for the reasons the chat told me - bat can fly (level 4 is a no go), bear is level 1 (level 4 is a no go), dire wolf is also to high.

So... I'm stuck trying to duplicate this again. As in I cannot.

Here is my example:
    1) had a sorcerer level 4 that I dropped Wild Shape in Abilities
    2) Had all the other polymorph things on this PC already
    3) Had bat/bear/dire wolf defined in list - which each spell would filter based on its rules (they all showed).
    4) Selecting Wild Shape in filter basically gave me nothing and told me the druid level was 0 - which was correct - I was not a druid.
    5) I went into main page and into level field and added in druid level 4 as multiclass by dropping the class in there.
    6) Selected Wild Shape - and now it worked - and told me once AGAIN that the bat/bear/dire wolf were invalid and had no choices (per reasons I listed above).

So.... still lost on trying to duplicate what your telling me.

Ok so could it be linked to the class itself ?

My class is a custom one derived from the druid class. Name is different (the character has always had that class and it was working with your extension before).

Have you introduced a class check lately ?

Ok so could it be linked to the class itself ?

My class is a custom one derived from the druid class. Name is different (the character has always had that class and it was working with your extension before).

Have you introduced a class check lately ?
    Like FGU itself its looking for the class_value_druid string table in the ruleset - which is "Druid". Anything else is NOT a druid. And that has been since day 1 - though there was a bug keeping it from working, but you'd have to check the recent versions to see when it was noticed and fixed.

Like FGU itself its looking for the class_value_druid string table in the ruleset - which is "Druid". Anything else is NOT a druid. And that has been since day 1 - though there was a bug keeping it from working, but you'd have to check the recent versions to see when it was noticed and fixed.
    That explains it... there definitely WAS a bug because it's always been working. Thank you for taking the time to work on this with me. At least I now understand why it's broken for me.

What I don't understand is FGU allows people to create new classes. Where in the code does FGU prevent anything ? My druid is a clean copy of the druid, the only difference is that it has some different Circles than the standard one. I gave it a slightly different name because of that reason. I's called Druid (Athasian), nothing more. Will try and rename the class 'display name on the character and see whether it changes anything.

Renaming the Class on the Character sheet solves it...

This line I believe is why it broke... I still don't understand why it changed.

if sClassName == Interface.getString("class_value_druid") then
    Not sure if it's possible to change the class name check with 'contains' druid (like it would be valid for 'Archdruid' or 'Druid of whatever'.

If too complicated then I'll just revert to turning off the check in the options :-)

I appreciate you taking the time to get to the bottom of this. Since it was working before I assumed it wasn't linked to the class name. I should have specified it before and would have wasted less of your time.
    Last edited by Arghun; June 14th, 2021 at 00:16.

Thread Information