DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 38 of 49 First ... 28363738394048 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Any further comments on this thread that are deemed to be personal attacks or slights on each others characters will result in a one week or longer suspension from the forums.
    I dont care whether you like each other but everyone will refrain from using this forum and its various features from continuing the negativity of the last few (at least) posts.

The thread will be unlocked in 24 hours.

With this extension loaded, there is a minor cosmetic issue on the NPC sheet whereby the "title bar" of the sheet is overlapped slightly by the "Non-ID Name" field on the main sheet and the top of the text on the other sheet.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by humby View Post
    With this extension loaded, there is a minor cosmetic issue on the NPC sheet whereby the "title bar" of the sheet is overlapped slightly by the "Non-ID Name" field on the main sheet and the top of the text on the other sheet.

Not overlapping with Sir Motte's theme but it is very tight - tighter than without poly. I suspect this is an artifact of the record_npc.xml I provide for the subwindow of polymorphism. Looks fine when polymorphism is visible and enabled - but when the subwindow is invisible and disabled AND the sheet is unlocked for editing - it ends up being flush up against the top - which causes the entry field rectangle to overlap (as its always a little bigger than the text size).

I have no real idea what or how this is being caused - but if I find out - I'll fix it. If not - the old adage with all my extensions applies as its an art to make FGU do things it does not want to do - and while I can get "close" I can't always make it perfect. Hence my policy...

"Good enough."

This may end up being, like some of the other caveats mentioned my extension threads, as close as I could get. If I find out how to resolve it I will.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I am currently getting these type of errors.

[ERROR] window: Control (sub_polymorphism) anchoring to an undefined control (portrait) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [ERROR] window: Control (sub_polymorphism) anchoring to an undefined control (portrait) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [ERROR] window: Control (main) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [ERROR] window: Control (skills) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [ERROR] window: Control (abilities) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [ERROR] window: Control (inventory) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [ERROR] window: Control (notes) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [ERROR] window: Control (logs) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [ERROR] window: Control (actions) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_polymorphism.lua"]:1918: attempt to call field 'getType' (a nil value)
    Last edited by Doc.McMourning; September 11th, 2022 at 21:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.McMourning View Post
    I am currently getting these type of errors.

[ERROR] window: Control (main) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [ERROR] window: Control (skills) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [ERROR] window: Control (abilities) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [ERROR] window: Control (inventory) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [ERROR] window: Control (notes) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [ERROR] window: Control (logs) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [ERROR] window: Control (actions) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_polymorphism.lua"]:1918: attempt to call field 'getType' (a nil value)
    Either your not on V1.40 or you have some serious conflicts with another extension. All is working for everyone else as far as I'm aware and those errors are very old meaning you must not be keeping track of when these extensions update (seems like every two weeks FGU is making some update that breaks it). Your chat window should show what version your running - if its < V1.40 then its unsupported garbage. If it is V1.40 then run it with no other extensions - ruleset 5E campaign. If its some other extension you'll have to remove it or this extension as they conflict. But really these errors look like your not keeping an eye on these biweekly to weekly updates that FGU updates force on most of the extensions out there of late.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Either your not on V1.40 or you have some serious conflicts with another extension. All is working for everyone else as far as I'm aware and those errors are very old meaning you must not be keeping track of when these extensions update (seems like every two weeks FGU is making some update that breaks it). Your chat window should show what version your running - if its < V1.40 then its unsupported garbage. If it is V1.40 then run it with no other extensions - ruleset 5E campaign. If its some other extension you'll have to remove it or this extension as they conflict. But really these errors look like your not keeping an eye on these biweekly to weekly updates that FGU updates force on most of the extensions out there of late.
    You are correct that was the issue. I failed to take into account that I got these from drivethrurpg and not the forge.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.McMourning View Post
    You are correct that was the issue. I failed to take into account that I got these from drivethrurpg and not the forge.
    I only update DMsG so that is always updated right after you see a post here. Forge is updated by Grim Press and that can take a few days. Just look in your My Library's Updated tab and it will show the extensions when they need to be downloaded.

Conflict:
    If you use BCEG (Better Combat Effects Gold) you have to have Restrict Concentration option set to "off". If it is not then when you do a Polymorphism of Animal Shapes with more than one target it will crash and only do one and corrupt the one it did. You'd have to delete the polymorphed entry - then replace the original CT entry (which will still be there) back into the map.

Notified author in discord - but its a fairly trivial thing and while I'd loved to use this option I've never had something like it before so I won't really be missing it. This is just an FYI for anyone else who uses BCEG with Polymorphism.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 18th, 2022 at 05:14.

Wrong thread.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 20th, 2022 at 19:22.

Note: I've found that when you keyin wounds that gets a polymorphed CT entry to 0 HP (same number as HP) it will not trigger the polymorphism back. You will have to manually trigger the stop concentration or Active button in polymorphism window to get it to switch back. Any normal damage applied (not a keyin in CT entry wounds field) will behave correctly. Never noticed this before and don't plan on changing the behavior as DM's can sometimes make errors - this way they can just set wounds back and it will all still be as it should be. And if the polymorphism really is dead they can just hit the active button. Just FYI - this has always been like this never noticed it before.

Thread Information