FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 18 of 49 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last
    V1.20 - FGU update fixed 5E\scripts\manager_action_damage.lua:applyDamage code so that polymorphism no longer risks instability of overriding that function. WOOT! Less work for me on updates and less RISK for users!

An extreme THANK YOU to Smiteworks for fixing the INSTANT DEATH exceeded damage message!
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Hi,

first of all, this is a very nice extension but I think the shapechanger (NPC) is bugged or I am doing something wrong because it does not change the HP in CT.

The extension does work for all the rest.

Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 18.47.08.jpg
    Last edited by Drogo210; May 11th, 2021 at 17:50.
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Quote Originally Posted by Drogo210 View Post
    Hi,

first of all, this is a very nice extension but I think the shapechanger (NPC) is bugged or I am doing something wrong because it does not change the HP in CT.

The extension does work for all the rest.

Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 18.47.08.jpg
    All of the polymorph spells/features/traits that I support have RAW 5E rules applied to them with the exception of feature(PC)/trait(NPC) shapechanger and shapeshifter. These two have no rules on what something can turn into and only differ in that shapechanger form will (like lyncanthropes) have same HP and wounds in its different forms and drop dead dead when killed, and shapeshifter will have whatever form HP it has and will carryover damage to original form HP when it is killed in its polymorphed form.

Those are how those function.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    All of the polymorph spells/features/traits that I support have RAW 5E rules applied to them with the exception of feature(PC)/trait(NPC) shapechanger and shapeshifter. These two have no rules on what something can turn into and only differ in that shapechanger form will (like lyncanthropes) have same HP and wounds in its different forms and drop dead dead when killed, and shapeshifter will have whatever form HP it has and will carryover damage to original form HP when it is killed in its polymorphed form.

Those are how those function.
    I do not see how your answer fits my question . Maybe I did not explain myself. What I was trying to say was that if I use shapechanger on an NPC with original HP 27 to a Werewolf, for example, with HP 58, stats and power are correctly reported in both NPC panel and CT but for HP only the NPC panel is correct because the HP in the TC is unchanged (27 HP). To me it sounds strange...but if you say this is how the extension works you are the creator and I'll take your word as correct.

Polymorph, Wild shape, True Polymorph etc works just fine. I hope I explained myself
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

I do not see how your answer fits my question . Maybe I did not explain myself. What I was trying to say was that if I use shapechanger on an NPC with original HP 27 to a Werewolf, for example, with HP 58, stats and power are correctly reported in both NPC panel and CT but for HP only the NPC panel is correct because the HP in the TC is unchanged (27 HP). To me it sounds strange...but if you say this is how the extension works you are the creator and I'll take your word as correct.

Polymorph, Wild shape, True Polymorph etc works just fine. I hope I explained myself
    And yet, I answered your exact question fully. I'll try to reword the same answer one more time, but please reread my last answer carefully first.

Lynchanthropes - shapechangers - have ONE HP.

Human werewolf of 27 HP 5 Wounds - turns into Werewolf of 27 HP 5 wounds. If it dies - its dead. That's how it works. You are simply telling me - it works as designed. Everything has its own rules - I explained the one you asked about and in fact explained another in addition that would do what you thought this one would do (mistakenly).

Not sure how I can explain it any more clearly.

Got it! Thanks
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Got it! Thanks
    Also, if you missed it, he also told you that the function you are looking for, i.e. the ability to change into any custom/selected form, is called shapeshifter

So if you create a custom monster "Hafdrufi" that can change into an Orc, gained the hit points of the Orc when it does so, you give it an ability called "Shapeshifter"

If you want something that just take on another creatures apperance, but retain its original hit points, you give it the ability "Shapechanger"

Also, super kudos to SilentRuin! Your update absolutely works and fixed my twin-spell issue with the ext! Superb service!

I will also throw some kudos to SR for this extension. I am running Storm King's Thunder and there is a certain part where it's key that a Giant be the one to perform a certain function, yet no giants around. After the lightbulb went off in my player's head, he announced his intention to shapeshift into said giant and not having used the extension up to this point, was quite astonished to see his token vanish/morph into a Hill Giant and his character sheet gain all the abilities of the giant. I could hear the collective jaws drop of the other playersover discord. Fun was had by all.

V1.21 - Bug - Non Circle Form PC druids for wild shape were not applying level limits on what they could transform into properly. Fixed. The PC druid wildshape was not applying the limits properly for beasts that could swim (level 4) or fly (level 8). It now checks "speed" attribute for keyword swim or fly to enforce this limitation. Fixed. All NPCs that use wildshape still (as they always have) depend on DM to apply any limits themselves (as there is no druid level data to apply in NPC data set).

I swear, I'm the only one that tests this stuff. These bugs have been here since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    V1.21 - Bug - Non Circle Form PC druids for wild shape were not applying level limits on what they could transform into properly. Fixed. The PC druid wildshape was not applying the limits properly for beasts that could swim (level 4) or fly (level 8). It now checks "speed" attribute for keyword swim or fly to enforce this limitation. Fixed. All NPCs that use wildshape still (as they always have) depend on DM to apply any limits themselves (as there is no druid level data to apply in NPC data set).

I swear, I'm the only one that tests this stuff. These bugs have been here since day 1.
    Hello SilentRuin, is it me or the Druids can't wildshape anymore ? I'm running 1.21 and now when I drag a creature of CR1/8 on my level 5 druid I get the message: Baazrag challenge Rating (or level) of 1/8 is not valid for Druid level 0 for Wild Shape.

The druid is level 5, not zero... am I missing something ? The new version of the extension removed all three forms that were previously working (highest CR is 1/2 which should be fine with a level 5 druid but the lowest is ... CR0 is doesn't work either).

Thread Information