STAR TREK 2d20
Page 32 of 49 First ... 22303132333442 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Dog View Post
    I must be doing something wrong. I can't post an image. When I click Insert Image to load from my computer, the "ok" disappears.
    The only effect in Shapechanger or Shapeshifter is that word without the (C). Not really any way you can do it wrong. Unless I suppose your actually using the Shapechange spell which will have the (C) and should have the (C) as its a spell.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

1. I input the text "Shapechanger" into the character sheet's Features section of the Abilities Tab.
    2. This seems to trigger the section at the top of the character sheet the ability to Polymorph and drag in the sheets to polymorph into.
    3. I drag into this section a Weretiger.
    4. When I Activate this, I get a (C) for concentration and I don't want concentration.
    5. Chat shows "Effect ['Shapechange; (C)']->[to Weretiger] [by Charname]
    6. In the Combat Tracker I get (Shapechange; (C))
    7. I know how to manually change it each time in the Combat Tracker, but would prefer it not loading it in the first place just to speed things up.
    8. I looked in the Effects tool and it doesn't seem to be pulling it from an effect in there which would allow me to change for each time it loads.

1. I input the text "Shapechanger" into the character sheet's Features section of the Abilities Tab.
    2. This seems to trigger the section at the top of the character sheet the ability to Polymorph and drag in the sheets to polymorph into.
    3. I drag into this section a Weretiger.
    4. When I Activate this, I get a (C) for concentration and I don't want concentration.
    5. Chat shows "Effect ['Shapechange; (C)']->[to Weretiger] [by Charname]
    6. In the Combat Tracker I get (Shapechange; (C))
    7. I know how to manually change it each time in the Combat Tracker, but would prefer it not loading it in the first place just to speed things up.
    8. I looked in the Effects tool and it doesn't seem to be pulling it from an effect in there which would allow me to change for each time it loads.
    Shapechange is not Shapechanger. The latter has an r at the end of it. What you are describing is a "Shapechange" spell being selected.

One little r may be the culprit. I'll have to try this tomorrow. Thank you for your time!

One little r may be the culprit. I'll have to try this tomorrow. Thank you for your time!
    For example...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am still having problems with this. I can load in and out and back in and get the same thing. I even unchecked the option when loading a game, then reloading checking the option to load and still get the problem below.

In chat you can see it is loading all kinds of monsters that I never loaded into the character sheet. Most all of those are listed there are in the encounters for the module I will run, but not all of them are. My suspicion is that it is taking old loads and getting them confused with other monsters. Also, one time I was trying to load in Giant Ape and it loaded in a cat. Again, I think it is getting the monsters confused somehow but it also seems to be holding onto an old file of beasts these characters had before I ported them into this new adventure I will be running. But these old beasts were not what is being shown in chat. All that is loaded right now is the Ape and Rex but chat is trying load a bunch of other stuff. I'm really stumped.

pmloads.jpg

I am still having problems with this. I can load in and out and back in and get the same thing. I even unchecked the option when loading a game, then reloading checking the option to load and still get the problem below.

In chat you can see it is loading all kinds of monsters that I never loaded into the character sheet. Most all of those are listed there are in the encounters for the module I will run, but not all of them are. My suspicion is that it is taking old loads and getting them confused with other monsters. Also, one time I was trying to load in Giant Ape and it loaded in a cat. Again, I think it is getting the monsters confused somehow but it also seems to be holding onto an old file of beasts these characters had before I ported them into this new adventure I will be running. But these old beasts were not what is being shown in chat. All that is loaded right now is the Ape and Rex but chat is trying load a bunch of other stuff. I'm really stumped.

pmloads.jpg
    I'm not sure what the "problem" is. Your have one list you drop NPCs into. It's filtered for each different spell/trait you are using and tells you when something in the list is rejected for something you have in your list. Also when you drop something in the current spell/trait does not allow. All you've shown me is you have a large number of things in your list showing (though I can't see it) that when you try to switch to polymorph you have a ton of things in your list not valid for polymorph and shows you only the things out of your list that are valid. Use the delete button for the whole list next to the pulldown field to clear your list and start over if you've dumped in more stuff than you want from some other selection where they were valid when you dropped them in.

I am not seeing "the problem" here. To verify - clear your list and only put things in for your set of spells/traits that you want.

I thought I was clear but I'll try a list:

1. There are only two beast loaded into the sheet, a Giant Ape and a T Rex. That is all.
    2. I know what a beast is and have only ever loaded a beast.
    2a. I have never loaded a Death Dog, or Marlos Unrayl, etc.
    3. I have deleted the ape and rex and reloaded them but these other things keep trying to load in chat.
    3a. One time I dragged the giant ape into the polymorph section and it showed up as a cat.

I think it is getting monsters mixed-up or somehow is holding onto an old upload. However, there are only two things in the list, an ape and a rex and there is no way on the characters sheet for me to delete all those things popping up in chat.

I thought I was clear but I'll try a list:

1. There are only two beast loaded into the sheet, a Giant Ape and a T Rex. That is all.
    2. I know what a beast is and have only ever loaded a beast.
    2a. I have never loaded a Death Dog, or Marlos Unrayl, etc.
    3. I have deleted the ape and rex and reloaded them but these other things keep trying to load in chat.
    3a. One time I dragged the giant ape into the polymorph section and it showed up as a cat.

I think it is getting monsters mixed-up or somehow is holding onto an old upload. However, there are only two things in the list, an ape and a rex and there is no way on the characters sheet for me to delete all those things popping up in chat.
    1) Did you delete your list like I asked?
    2) If you have deleted the list and this still happens it sounds like you have a really corrupted DB as I have no explanation for what your seeing. The list is stored as NPC references (which are those FGU ID things for your DB). It sounds like you have something seriously messed up if an ape is showing as a cat. Create a test campaign and do the same things and you will not see this issue. In fact, I've never seen this issue. The only way I can imagine it happening if somehow you edited the DB.xml directly or something rendering the stored NPC IDs pointing to something else (they are only ever valid in a single DB or module if not local data). The only way to get so badly out of synch is to have something truly and spectacularly messed up with your DB.xml references (maybe you stored them in one DB, dumped them to a module - then tried to use them in new DB without removing and replacing the old entries - the list).

This is all total guess work as you are doing something really wrong outside of polymorphism. Keep in mind - DB.xml child ID's which are used in multiple places in the database are unique to ONLY that DB they are referenced/created in.

Maybe take a look at the earlier conversations in the forum thread if you are doing anything weird with modules. FGU has many referencing rules for getting at data in modules and if you are not aware of them when creating modules you can easily get burned. Look through this thread - or around this part -- https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/sh...l=1#post589780 - and see if that rings any bells for anything weird you are doing with referenced NPC ID data (or any other kind of ID reference data).

Thread Information