5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Token Problem

Token Problem

Ok guys, Flame me if you want. I'm new to FG's and especially FG II.

I downloaded FG II and am unable to get my tokens from FG I into FG II. How do I get my tokens into FG II. I checked my FGII folder on my HD and it isn't there. I tried copying my FG I folder over and it didn't work. What do I need to do.

Windows Vista Compat

Ya canna go blaming the gude folks at Smite Works for the wierdness of windows.

What used to be in C:\Program Files\FantasyGrounds\tokens is now in...

C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name>\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\tokens

(If C: is not your boot drive than it will be another letter)

Its part of Vista's design to become a true multi user operating system. Its something the nix's have always had. The idea is that if you shared your computer with another person they could have indipendent data files for FG2 (and other programs).

Once you get your head around the location shift most things are pretty straightforward.

Sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Copy your FG I tokens over to C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II

The folder location for tokens maps, portraits, etc all changed to there for FG II.

EDIT: Sigurd just beat me..
    "Excellence can be attained if you Care more than others think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical, and Expect more than others think is possible." - Author Unknown.

Thanks guys. I actually did a better job of looking the 2nd time. I found it and got them transfered over. I thank you again for responding. I would never blamed them for my newbness. I just didn't know how to do it. Thank you again.

Hmm...I'm having a subsequent problem - I have Vista, but I can't even see a "Documents and Settings" folder in the C Drive. I feel extremely inept...

I found it, but that was odd! It was at C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II

You should have a folder in your start bar in the Fantasy Grounds section.
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

I found it, but that was odd! It was at C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II

That simply means you have enabled 'roaming profiles'.

S
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Thread Information