DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 23 of 40 First ... 13212223242533 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Its a general.Savage Worlds question but..

You handle it like you would at the table and make adjustments to attacks as necessary. I don't think they are automated but I am on the train home so can't check.
    You mean it's not magic and the computer does it all for me by reading my mind? How terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by tymanthius View Post
    You mean it's not magic and the computer does it all for me by reading my mind? How terrible!
    Yeah but it's a kinda magic!

Double Tap and Rapid fire are not automatic in that it will figure out which weapons it could apply to and apply it. That's more of a choice edge, in that you decide each attack if you want to double tap and rapid fire.
    It's automated in that you can add effects to sub attacks to do the work for you.

For a double tap sub attack, add this effect to give +1 shooting, +1 damage, and decrease ammo by 2 each shot.
    [>#DoubleTap]

For Rapid Fire, there's not an effect because a regular sub attack handles it. A sub attack with the appropriate number of shots will apply recoil penalties and calculate the ammo expenditure and tell you if you lack enough ammo to make the attack. I find this works better than adjusting the main attack's #attacks because you have to do that every attack.

There' also [>#ThreeRoundBurst] Put this on a sub attack to give +1 shooting, +1 damage, and decrease ammo by 3 each shot. Keep the # Attacks set to 1. Shorthand for this effect is [#3RB].

[>#ThreeRoundBurst, >#DoubleTap] Put on a sub attack to give +2 shooting, +2 damage, and decrease ammo by 6 each shot. Keep the # Attacks set to 1.

And, if you have a laser assault rifle or laser gattling:
    [>#3RB, >#DoubleTap, >Ignore #Recoil]

P.S.
    I don't know what I'm thinking sometimes myself. I doubt a telepathic PC could help. I would probably crash it regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    Double Tap and Rapid fire are not automatic in that it will figure out which weapons it could apply to and apply it. That's more of a choice edge, in that you decide each attack if you want to double tap and rapid fire.
    It's automated in that you can add effects to sub attacks to do the work for you.

For a double tap sub attack, add this effect to give +1 shooting, +1 damage, and decrease ammo by 2 each shot.
    [>#DoubleTap]

For Rapid Fire, there's not an effect because a regular sub attack handles it. A sub attack with the appropriate number of shots will apply recoil penalties and calculate the ammo expenditure and tell you if you lack enough ammo to make the attack. I find this works better than adjusting the main attack's #attacks because you have to do that every attack.

There' also [>#ThreeRoundBurst] Put this on a sub attack to give +1 shooting, +1 damage, and decrease ammo by 3 each shot. Keep the # Attacks set to 1. Shorthand for this effect is [#3RB].

[>#ThreeRoundBurst, >#DoubleTap] Put on a sub attack to give +2 shooting, +2 damage, and decrease ammo by 6 each shot. Keep the # Attacks set to 1.

And, if you have a laser assault rifle or laser gattling:
    [>#3RB, >#DoubleTap, >Ignore #Recoil]

P.S.
    I don't know what I'm thinking sometimes myself. I doubt a telepathic PC could help. I would probably crash it regularly.
    That was a more complete answer than I could have come up with. Thanks Mike!

I just updated all the content with some minor changes, you may need to re-load the modules when they update goes out on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I just updated all the content with some minor changes, you may need to re-load the modules when they update goes out on Tuesday.
    There may also be some broken links which I am working on fixing ASAP. This will affect PCs and NPCs and your campaigns. Once I have fixed the modules I will post a "fix it" guide if anyone is having a problem.

Apologies, this will be a one off change and afterwards it will only be Quality of Life and content updates.. like Frameworks auto populating (but you will need to edit the Dog Boy Breed so your PC hasn't got all the perks)

Update... I spoke with a great and wise SuperTeddy and the changes will be reverted while I come up with a new cunning plan.

In the next update (probably this Tuesday) the names and category will all change to "Savage Rifts®" - the extension load section has been updated - it shows everything, even Atlantis and the Demon Seas which I am still working on but should have sent up to QA soon.

Corruption added to the extension for one of the new Frameworks that is in QA right now.

The automation of the Juicer framework didn't happen yet right?
    Any news about the modules that are still in review since the beginning of january?

Thread Information