DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bayard
    I guess you can just go off of "if the line enters or encompases your square it hits you" theory, since FG II is based on the new d20 structure..
    We play that if the line of the shape touches your fig you are effected, that is what we have been doing with FG1 and will do with FG2. I was mearly proposing a quick and easy fix for the problem of it not drawing correcting. I did not know it affected other systems. You can blame it on my ignorance of 3rd edition.

I did some testing of the cones, comparing the shading patterns in the DMG to the Shading patterns in FG, and noticed that when the cone says 14', it measures the same square pattern as 15' in the DMG, but after that, I can't get them the same. When it says 28' or 31' (I can't get 30' at an angle) it chops off a single square on either side on the ends, etc. I only did some limited testing of this just to see if they shaded the right number of squares at the very least and see if the numbers mattered as long as it shaded right, and it doesn't appear to shade correctly at higher intervals.

Someone else may be able to better test/solutionize this. :P
    "Excellence can be attained if you Care more than others think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical, and Expect more than others think is possible." - Author Unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstanzya
    We play that if the line of the shape touches your fig you are effected, that is what we have been doing with FG1 and will do with FG2. I was mearly proposing a quick and easy fix for the problem of it not drawing correcting. I did not know it affected other systems. You can blame it on my ignorance of 3rd edition.
    Not blaming you at all. :P I can completely understand where both sides are coming from. It would be nice if it was possible to switch between your mode, for earlier editions, and the current mode for later editions, but I don't see Fg doing that. Maybe some indivual projects could.
    "Excellence can be attained if you Care more than others think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical, and Expect more than others think is possible." - Author Unknown.

Thread Information