Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Which Module(s) to start

Hi,
    I'm completly new to FGU and before taking a license I would like to know a few things:

To play an official adventure with my players what do I need ?
    Just the adventure or I need core rules books too ?
    For an adventure not in the store, is it easy to make an adventure module (Pathfinder speaking) ?

Thanks

Very easy to create adventure module, just very tedious
    Technically all you need is the adventure as core info is pretty much included for free in the included "SRD" modules.
    The paid modules just contain all the photos, different formatting, and so forth. More polished, IMO.

EDIT: If you already have purchased the PDFs from Paizo, be sure to link your account so that the FG modules are discounted accordingly!
    Last edited by bmos; August 13th, 2020 at 15:33.

Just depends on how valuable your time is and how much pre-work you want to do. Conversion authors are experienced and pretty efficient at what they do, and their efforts, in my opinion, are well worth the cost of the module. What's more, with some modules, you also qualify for a free PDF version of it with some publishers (e.g. Paizo, etc.), but never Wizards of the Coast, who seem to not understand the digital age.

For example, Descent into Avernus, you can get the hard-copy for the exact same price as the fully converted module here. $29.99
    Last edited by deer_buster; August 13th, 2020 at 15:22.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

I agree. I'll begin to use existing modules before trying to do some myself (I want to play Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous campaign and it seems that this campaign is not converted to FG)

Quote Originally Posted by voriig View Post
    I agree. I'll begin to use existing modules before trying to do some myself (I want to play Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous campaign and it seems that this campaign is not converted to FG)
    Useful stuff:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ist-of-Modules <-- tons of free (legal) content that is very functional but doesn't contain images. I would argue some of this is even more functional that the official content (such as the new Spells module).
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Categories+... <-- user guide for campaign data management

And IF your players are comfortable making their characters manually you don't need the PHB either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    And IF your players are comfortable making their characters manually you don't need the PHB either.
    Even with automation you don't need the PHB (especially because this GM is running Pathfinder). The basic classes are included free in the SRD content and just about everything else can be had for free in the modules library I listed.
    IMO The bestiaries are where the real value is in buying the official modules because of the artwork and tokens.

If you buy an ultimate license then your players do not need to buy anything. If you do not have ultimate then each player would need a standard license.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Thanks for all your very useful informations.
    I already own some paizo pdf so some modules will cost less.
    Let's go for the ultimate license

Thread Information