Starfinder Playlist

Help Custom Ruleset not showing up.

Hey all,

Need to some help first I have searched here and on google to try and find the answer as to why my custom ruleset will not show up on the Campaign Creation pages. It is loosy based of of 3.5 so the base xml is there. I have followed the instruction I can find here and on google for import a custom .hak file but it does not show up. I have tried changing compression formats on 7Zip which I use, I have placed the .hak file in the ruleset directory, I have placed the .hak file in the root directory of FG and nothing I seem to do gets it to show up on the campaign creation pages. The only way it shows up is to not compress it into a hak file and just place the file in the ruteset directory. But everything I have seen says to create a hak file.

I know this has been brought up before and I have been away for FG for a few years and I just updated it, I see there is a new version FGU out, looking into that now but I have seen to lost how to do this. Can someone help me.

Thanks
    Dep

I don't have a definitive answer but if you can see it uncompressed then either it isn't being zipped up correctly (that is selecting the contents of your folder and zipping that up - not the folder itself); or you are using a zip format that FG doesn't recognize. I use 7zip too and normally I just select whatever I want to zip and right click and select 7zip and then Add to <filename>. Failing that select > right click > Send To > Compressed will use the windows built in zipper.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I don't know if it's just a typo, but it is done four times... A ruleset needs to have a file extension of .pak, not .hak.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi All,

Trenloe I remember you from way back when I was having this issue before, yes it is a typo meant to say .pak.

Zacchaeus, thanks for the answer yes I have my custom file open, I highlight all of its contents, right click, scroll down to 7zip, scroll right to add to archive, I think it is some sort of compression file issue, not sure what it is, because a couple of years ago when I was working on this rule set I did not have this issue. Thought I might try and re-download 7zip and see if that corrects the issue, maybe there is a new version.

7Zip with a default installation will use 7z compression. You need to make sure that it is using ZIP compression. If you're running on Windows you can use the standard Windows "Send to" -> "Compressed (zipped) folder" right-click option - this uses the right compression as standard.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe for the win, that was the issue I had the outbound setting on the 7zip to 7z not just zip. Just checked it shows up now thanks.

Thread Information