Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Two more bug like things I see in FGU 5E

I had to add the following print to my extension because I found you can create a custom NPC with a token - which won't have the token in the npc.* entry...

DB token was blank. If this was custom NPC you created directly in custom NPC then you may have to drop it in combat tracker then deleted it in custom NPC and drop it back in from combat tracker to get the token defined. Not a problem when creating a custom NPC from a reference (even CT reference).
    Pretty much says what the issue is. If you create a custom token without a reference (raw edit one in) then the "token" DB entry will not be there. Even though the token shows up. Yeah, confusing. However, if I drop it in CT then delete it in my NPC custom group - then drop the CT version back in my custom group - it's there. Yet I created the CT FROM that original custom NPC. Very confusing.

The other issue was when editing in custom NPC field for damage vulnerabilities. The field is to big and overlaps the actual text you put in there when it appears on the sheet. You have t leave a few spaces in front to get it to appear correctly.

Pretty much seems if no source_link then its not going to put the token in the DB entry - that's a guess.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I'm not following. Can you break down into simple steps for me assuming a brand new 5E campaign and the default letter tokens?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I'm not following. Can you break down into simple steps for me assuming a brand new 5E campaign and the default letter tokens?

Regards,
    JPG
    Sent you a zipped video to support-files - it will match what I literally described.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 13th, 2020 at 14:00.

Regards,
    JPG
    After trying to figure out why another one was coming up blank on the token - but could bring up the sheet and SEE the token - I found that the only place an image exists outside of the npc.* record was in an image <layers> record. Do I really have to search the npc.*.token then if I don't find it try and do a complete cycle of image.*.image.layers and look in each layer for a match on my name? And I see a lot of random things in there that are not all names also. Seems rather byzantine to go about getting a token which should be right there with the npc.* data - and is - when you actually drop a link to create it.

Regards,
    JPG
    Did you receive the video?

I've tried watching the video a couple times; and I still have no idea what the issue is. Other than your mouse circling the fact that the Damage Vulnerabilities label needs a little more room; the rest all appeared to be working as expected.

Regards,
    JPG

I've tried watching the video a couple times; and I still have no idea what the issue is. Other than your mouse circling the fact that the Damage Vulnerabilities label needs a little more room; the rest all appeared to be working as expected.

Regards,
    JPG
    Pretty much showing what I said here and literally showed you step by step in the video - was a lot more than just waving a mouse over something:
    After trying to figure out why another one was coming up blank on the token - but could bring up the sheet and SEE the token - I found that the only place an image exists outside of the npc.* record was in an image <layers> record. Do I really have to search the npc.*.token then if I don't find it try and do a complete cycle of image.*.image.layers and look in each layer for a match on my name? And I see a lot of random things in there that are not all names also. Seems rather byzantine to go about getting a token which should be right there with the npc.* data - and is - when you actually drop a link to create it.
    It's very easy to duplicate. And the text with the video described it all in that mail.

1) As shown in video - create a custom NPC. The example shows you a chair.
    2) It also shows you the damage vulnerabilities overlap bug as a bonus.
    3) It literally shows you the edited section of the NPC chair in db.xml where the token tag <token> is missing - per text description and video. Shows it. Missing.
    4) I described how I could only find that token in some image.*.image.layers area of db.xml. I specifically stated was this going to be something we all have to go look up and it was rather a byzantine confusing inconsistent process if so.
    5) I then literally describe and show in video what I had to do to GET the <token> tag into the NPC.

This whole reply is just a repetition of what I wrote in the mail that accompanied the video and what I've written in this thread.

I honestly don't know how I can tell you in any more detail what the issue is. The <token> tag is not there in all cases of custom NPC creation. It's a problem if your going to look for it. Again - just repeating what I've said and shown already. I really don't know how to describe it in any other way than in the way (text and video) I've already done.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 27th, 2020 at 19:31.

I'm literally bouncing among multiple sites and multiple projects attempting to cover any reports for FGC and FGU. So, concise/minimal steps are the key to letting me look at these quickly. Any extraneous information actually slows down the investigation process.

Example: Following these steps, I can verify that the name/token data is assigned correctly. (See the video.)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fzq...ew?usp=sharing

1. Create new NPC
    2. Give it a name and a token (such as letter token)
    3. /save (to trigger database save to disk)
    4. Review XML data in campaign to verify name/token data is assigned.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm literally bouncing among multiple sites and multiple projects attempting to cover any reports for FGC and FGU. So, concise/minimal steps are the key to letting me look at these quickly. Any extraneous information actually slows down the investigation process.

Example: Following these steps, I can verify that the name/token data is assigned correctly. (See the video.)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fzq...ew?usp=sharing

1. Create new NPC
    2. Give it a name and a token (such as letter token)
    3. /save (to trigger database save to disk)
    4. Review XML data in campaign to verify name/token data is assigned.

Regards,
    JPG
    I have about two months experience and rarely have a clue as what is causing an issue - having me deep dive into these problems - solve what is happening - make videos of them with loads of details...

I get what you want and why. But your the second person this week who has told me essentially “your not doing enough” after I gave over the top amount of details.

Yeah I wish everything was simplified down to a handy quick easy read - but most times I’m flying around in a panic trying to solve my own problems.

I give what I have time to give.

Blog Entries
    SR, if you would like me to put some time in and try to replicate and then simplify this for MW, let me know. I think I would need the video and text you sent MW.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information