DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Sidebar button memory

I have successfully added a new sidebar button, but it doesn't stay enabled when I reload FG. What am I missing?

Thanks
    Last edited by bmos; August 12th, 2020 at 14:23.

Are you enabling it via the button entries at the top of the Library window? Or are you enabling it via code?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Are you enabling it via the button entries at the top of the Library window? Or are you enabling it via code?
    Sorry, I should have specified. I'm checking the visibility box for it in the Library window. When I quit and re-load, it is unchecked again (I assume the original set of them is being loaded before my new option is added to the array).

Here's the code that I'm using to add it:
    https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Dis...se_tracker.lua

FGC or FGU?

Do other standard buttons save their state after you exit FG and re-start the campaign?

EDIT: Note that /reload won't save these settings, you need to exit the campaign.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 12th, 2020 at 17:08.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I can't see anything obviously wrong with your code.

The ["sidebar"] buttons are stored in the campaign CampaignRegistry.lua file. Check to see if that is being written OK when you exit.

Oh!
    I hadn't actually closed, just /reload
    Thanks Trenloe

Thread Information