STAR TREK 2d20

Player Dice Roll results in chat not aligning with animation

Was hosting a game today running 5e. Everyone has the latest client. No extensions loaded.

I noticed multiple times that one or more players would roll a d20, and on my screen as the DM I'd see the dice animation stop with one number facing up, but he chat window would say the dice roll was some other number. So looking at the virtual die might look like the player rolled an 8 but the combat tracker said 17 (before adding bonuses). I think the dice roll animation should align with what's in the chat log, right? I didn't notice that discrepancy when I last ran a game about 2 weeks ago.

It happened maybe 5 times over the course of 2 hours. I didn't ask the players if they were seeing the same thing (didn't want to interrupt the flow of the game) and just accepted whatever results were shown in the chat log. No idea how to reproduce the behavior. Network connection seemed fine for everyone throughout the game. I wasn't paying attention enough to see if it was only the d20 affected or damage dice as well

If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSlowestZombie View Post
    Was hosting a game today running 5e. Everyone has the latest client. No extensions loaded.

I noticed multiple times that one or more players would roll a d20, and on my screen as the DM I'd see the dice animation stop with one number facing up, but he chat window would say the dice roll was some other number. So looking at the virtual die might look like the player rolled an 8 but the combat tracker said 17 (before adding bonuses). I think the dice roll animation should align with what's in the chat log, right? I didn't notice that discrepancy when I last ran a game about 2 weeks ago.

It happened maybe 5 times over the course of 2 hours. I didn't ask the players if they were seeing the same thing (didn't want to interrupt the flow of the game) and just accepted whatever results were shown in the chat log. No idea how to reproduce the behavior. Network connection seemed fine for everyone throughout the game. I wasn't paying attention enough to see if it was only the d20 affected or damage dice as well
    Verify that you and all of the players are using the latest version. There was an update to the d20 in the latest build. If your players are running a different build from you, the displayed number will not match the reported number.

Thread Information