DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Adding Custom Skills

Is there a way to create a new skill, such Sports (specialization) or Knowledge (specialization) that would work with the character sheet? I'm hoping to use CoC7e for a modern college sort of game (like savage worlds, ETU) and want to customize the skills to fit. Since it is a vault ruleset I can't do it via an extension so my options seem limited.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    See post #3 option #1
    My interpretation of post 3 was skills with specializations needed the button at the top of the edit screen to add the specialization entries. Will give it a try.

Blog Entries
    Ahhh I think I see what you are saying now.
    I ran a one shot over the weekend and it had Cooking as a skill for example. I ended up just adding it Arts & Craft (Cooking).
    I dont think that it matters a lot lot other than to the Visuals if the skill is under a different category?
    If you really, really need to add other parts Ill have to see how hard it is to expose that.

Ahhh I think I see what you are saying now.
    I ran a one shot over the weekend and it had Cooking as a skill for example. I ended up just adding it Arts & Craft (Cooking).
    I dont think that it matters a lot lot other than to the Visuals if the skill is under a different category?
    If you really, really need to add other parts Ill have to see how hard it is to expose that.
    I checked, it seems to be working. I can explain to the players how to find the skills to add from the + and that should be good enough.

Hi.

So I added my new skills and added them to the Modern Era, and I can add the skills to the character sheet.

I created a new occupation successfully to use those skills, however when I apply the occupation to the character sheet it does not set any of the new skills as occupation skills, but it does set the pre-existing skills (like library use) as occupation skills.

Any ideas? I don't know if it matters but all of these are specialized skills.

Could you post a couple of screenshots and Ill test?
    Hi.

So I start with this, three new skills, each added to the modern era, and then an occupation.

gen2_setup.jpg

Then I create a character. For simplicity I just put 50 in all the characteristics. It does not automatically add the skills to the character sheet, and the add custom skills button doesn't seem to work, so I drag the skills from the era to the sheet and then add the specializations I need (art/craft, lang - other, and science).

gen2_skillsadded.jpg

I displayed this part of the sheet so as to show that everything is added.

Then I apply the custom occupation to the character sheet and it automatically handles credit rating and library use, but doesn't check any of the other skills (custom or non-custom (like science)) as occupation.

gen2_occupationadded.jpg

It wouldn't really matter to me if I could just tell players to click the occupation skill checkbox for the correct skills, but unfortunately the sheet doesn't allow that.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Also, it occurs to me that I'm actually in a thread about Pulp Cthulhu, but I am only using the CoC7E ruleset with the Investigator's Handbook, no other modules, accessories, themes or extensions added.

Blog Entries
    Ok try this esmdev.

Here are two extensions - not specifically for this but should work for this.

Add your Skills into the Translation Extension in the correct Era.
    Unlock the Occupation and add the Skills.
    They should be available to your PCs to use OPs on.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information