5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Did you update all the base code that you have used when 3.3.11 came out? That's a big part of extension maintenance as having old FG code interfacing with new FG code can cause some big issues.
    The timing would be pretty close, no?
    I'm pretty sure with the video I just sent him he'll be able to duplicate it. Or so I hope. The missing piece was that I'm usually up in my test FGU player (myself joined to my host) when I do this. If your attached as the player you free - that is when it happens. 100% of the time with no extensions for me.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

SilentRuin sent in a new video with one more step that I'm going to use to try and recreate.

Thanks,
    JPG

Ok, I wasn't able to recreate; but after some more thought, I think I've tracked down the situation.

It has to do with the fact that sometime during his development, SilentRuin set his player user as the owner of the combat tracker node (and thus all children). This never happens during standard usage of the default rulesets. Due to that change, a call that was running on both host and client was triggering that normally just failed quietly on the player client, since it didn't own the combat tracker node. Since SilentRuin's player user is now the owner, it was able to change the combat tracker when the PC was removed.

I'll add a check in the base ruleset code to only do that for the host just in case someone ends up in that state again; but it won't be available until the next release.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Ok, I wasn't able to recreate; but after some more thought, I think I've tracked down the situation.

It has to do with the fact that sometime during his development, SilentRuin set his player user as the owner of the combat tracker node (and thus all children). This never happens during standard usage of the default rulesets. Due to that change, a call that was running on both host and client was triggering that normally just failed quietly on the player client, since it didn't own the combat tracker node. Since SilentRuin's player user is now the owner, it was able to change the combat tracker when the PC was removed.

I'll add a check in the base ruleset code to only do that for the host just in case someone ends up in that state again; but it won't be available until the next release.

Regards,
    JPG
    Just checked vs my "project created from scratch" after doing some testing on it and sure enough - it does not have me as the owner of combat tracker. But the ancient project I've tested all my stuff on from the beginning does. Must have been during some earlier test when I was trying to figure out how to get ownership and holders on nodes - something must have set the host over as the owner.

Thanks for figuring all that out!
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    Bad data in the database due to the evolving progress of the code?
    Thats pretty much what I said earlier - it has happened to me several times.

Thread Information