FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I just checked and I don't see it in the support queue at all. Did you send as a large attachment that perhaps got blocked due to size? Can you just post a link to a Google Drive or DropBox public share?

Thanks,
    JPG
    I hate bugs like this. When I just tried it again before my friend got on to test with the extensions loaded - AND without combat tracker up - it did not happen.

I'm clueless on what this is I thought I had it 100% duplicatable there for about 10 minutes.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I hate bugs like this. When I just tried it again before my friend got on to test with the extensions loaded - AND without combat tracker up - it did not happen.

I'm clueless on what this is I thought I had it 100% duplicatable there for about 10 minutes.
    Welcome to the world of software development. At least you tried to provide reproducible cases <bravo/>...that's more than 99.9999999999% of the end users out there ever do....hell most of the time they just send you a screenshot and you are supposed to guess at 1) What the problem is that they are trying to present, and 2) how to reproduce the problem so that you can troubleshoot/fix it. Joe Blow doesn't realize that unless you can reproduce an issue that it is nigh impossible to fix reliably.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    I had an issue about 6 weeks ago I was positive was a bug.
    100% reproducible.
    Posted it.
    Rebooted my computer.
    Bug gone.
    Primary frustration resolved.
    Frustration at lost time remained.
    Eventually time heals all wounds!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I had an issue about 6 weeks ago I was positive was a bug.
    100% reproducible.
    Posted it.
    Rebooted my computer.
    Bug gone.
    Primary frustration resolved.
    Frustration at lost time remained.
    Eventually time heals all wounds!
    Well just tried again - but made sure my combat tracker was not up when I did the erase. It's not happening - so if that's it at least I have my work around.

Blog Entries
    25MB is a fair size DB.
    If this is a Testing environment consider starting a new campaign with minimum data to reduce chance of flekey things happening perhaps?

25MB is a fair size DB.
    If this is a Testing environment consider starting a new campaign with minimum data to reduce chance of flekey things happening perhaps?
    That is the opposite of how I test complex things. I give it the worst possible environment to break it and find out where it breaks. Simple tests are for simple things.

Blog Entries
    Yes but consider that the data structure may have changed over the course of the life of that database and their maybe remnants that contain old data structures and maybe one is causing an issue.
    You might have been referencing a new field called npcowner and then you changed it be ownernpc but some specific routine or db handler or something is still using an old reference. The old reference is only in the db and not in the code.
    Its certainly happened to me before.

Yes but consider that the data structure may have changed over the course of the life of that database and their maybe remnants that contain old data structures and maybe one is causing an issue.
    You might have been referencing a new field called npcowner and then you changed it be ownernpc but some specific routine or db handler or something is still using an old reference. The old reference is only in the db and not in the code.
    Its certainly happened to me before.
    It would have to be FGU code to FGU code in a data structure change - I've only been doing this since June. My stuff is no older than that

But I get what your saying and its a valid point. Still, a environment full of "legal" junk that may be in a host's DB they've been playing for a year - that is a test case I want my stuff not to be the lynch pin that pulls it all down. If basic data structures change in FGU - I'll just have to deal with that when it hits me.

For sure as I've developed this extension I've had to wipe out all my DB entries - which is why I named them all the same leading keyword - except for NPCowner as you pointed out - which is only a week or so old anyway. My two problems have haunted me for a month. Just want to make sure nothing in MY data structure from copied code (like addPC()) doesn't have some secret squirrel under the table something updated - which Obviously I'm not updating as it was not in that code or the code surrounding the use of that function that I could find in CoreRPG/5E.

My two remaining "want to kill these bugs" list, or at least rule out "me" as the cause are the one I list in here - which is rare and seem to be able to avoid if I never erase a PC owner with the combat tracker up - and the other a Huge token replacement somehow goes to normal size. But only when I'm not paying attention. I look and something did it but if I try and beat the crap out of it to get it to happen it does not. Those are my two mysteries - admittedly in the db.xml with a mix of stuff in it of unknown dated data. Though everything in CT is known as I put it there intentionally .

I responded in e-mail.

You can remove all the backup files for test campaigns to cut down on size. (db.script.*, db.backup.*, db.session.*) When I did that for your campaign, it went from 124MB to 4MB.

I wasn't able to recreate the issue; but it sounds like it's elusive.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    It would have to be FGU code to FGU code in a data structure change - I've only been doing this since June. My stuff is no older than that

But I get what your saying and its a valid point. Still, a environment full of "legal" junk that may be in a host's DB they've been playing for a year - that is a test case I want my stuff not to be the lynch pin that pulls it all down. If basic data structures change in FGU - I'll just have to deal with that when it hits me.

For sure as I've developed this extension I've had to wipe out all my DB entries - which is why I named them all the same leading keyword - except for NPCowner as you pointed out - which is only a week or so old anyway. My two problems have haunted me for a month. Just want to make sure nothing in MY data structure from copied code (like addPC()) doesn't have some secret squirrel under the table something updated - which Obviously I'm not updating as it was not in that code or the code surrounding the use of that function that I could find in CoreRPG/5E.

My two remaining "want to kill these bugs" list, or at least rule out "me" as the cause are the one I list in here - which is rare and seem to be able to avoid if I never erase a PC owner with the combat tracker up - and the other a Huge token replacement somehow goes to normal size. But only when I'm not paying attention. I look and something did it but if I try and beat the crap out of it to get it to happen it does not. Those are my two mysteries - admittedly in the db.xml with a mix of stuff in it of unknown dated data. Though everything in CT is known as I put it there intentionally .
    Did you update all the base code that you have used when 3.3.11 came out? That's a big part of extension maintenance as having old FG code interfacing with new FG code can cause some big issues.
    The timing would be pretty close, no?

Thread Information