Starfinder Playlist

FGU look and feel

Hi Team!

I’m using FGU more and more and I feel disappointed about the look and feel. The text looks blurry and the experience is not good if you spend some time using the app. That’s specially noticeable with bold style. I’m running FGU on an iMac using two displays with different resolutions: 2048x1152 and 2560x1080. GFU texts looks blurry on both screens.

Also, I’m running FGU on a MBP for testing purposes. The screen resolution is 1440x900 and text looks blurry too.

Another frustrating thing is FGU can’t run full screen yet so I can’t get rid of the window tittle bar and MacOS menu bar.

As a customer, I fully understand that FGU is in beta stage and there is a lot of things to work on but I would like to know if you have planned to work on text sharpness and full screen feature at some point.

Thanks for your attention.
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

The text is super crisp in the windows version so I would expect that they will work on it.

Depending on your ruleset and theme it might be worthwhile manually swapping in a new font, the developer might not have updated it yet if it isn't one of the big rulesets.

It would probably be helpful if you mentioned what ruleset you are using and whether you are using any themes, and if so which one. It may also be worth testing out one or two different themes (if these are available for the ruleset you are using).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It would probably be helpful if you mentioned what ruleset you are using and whether you are using any themes, and if so which one. It may also be worth testing out one or two different themes (if these are available for the ruleset you are using).
    Absolutely, you are right. Savage Worlds with no custom themes. Blur is more noticeable with bold text. I could record my screen if it helps.

I made a fast 5e test and text is a little crisper.
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by g0ntzal View Post
    Absolutely, you are right. Savage Worlds with no custom themes. Blur is more noticeable with bold text. I could record my screen if it helps.

I made a fast 5e test and text is a little crisper.
    Yes, maybe a screenshot or two might well be helpful. I've not used Savage Worlds in a while so I don't know much about the Unity version. It could be a known issue or maybe not at this time - so any further details would be very helpful.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes, maybe a screenshot or two might well be helpful. I've not used Savage Worlds in a while so I don't know much about the Unity version. It could be a known issue or maybe not at this time - so any further details would be very helpful.
    Sure... Let's do it!

FGU screenshot (use a 100% zoom for real size)

FGU in action (MOV video zipped file. Size: 116 MB)
    Nébula Rol

Looks like the link buttons and a few other things are similarly blurry.
    Very similar appearance to antialiasing, although it's just on some things.

Any reply from the developers? I would appreciate that a lot.
    Nébula Rol

I've added a task for Carl to take a look at when he has a few minutes. It might be an issue with the font file with regards to the font engine we use.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks Moon. Regarding the full screen mode... I know Unity games can run windowed or full screen on a Mac so... do you think we will see FGU running full screen some day?
    Nébula Rol

Thread Information