5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: Familiar Issue

Familiar Issue

So tonight while playing and using a familiar as described in Zacchaeus' video, I ran into an issue I could not solve. The owner could not see what the familiar was seeing in the LoS and could not click the token to move it. The only way I could get him to see it and interact with it, I had to set it so the party could see all movement which is desirable as well. Can someone point on the right direction where the controlling character can see what the familiar sees, interact with the token, and not everyone else?

By the way, Zacchaeus, your videos are awesome and I have learned so much from them. Thanks for all the effort you put into this.

Blog Entries
    Nope, there isn't that capability in FGU at this point. I suspect it may be added later, but not yet.

Right now you have two options, 1) use an NPC as the familiar like you are, and add the NPC to Party Vision or turn on all Party Vision. 2) create the familiar as a PC and have the player claim both their PC and the familiar PC and then they can chose whic PC is active by clicking on the portrait. If they go this route, I suggest they change the color of their dice so each PC has a unique color dice.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you! I was afraid that was going to be the answer.

Thread Information