FG Spreadshirt Swag

Looking for a fun mega dungeon which is on FG and worth converting.

Greetings folks. My group is having fun with the Ashes campaign. I intended to take them to lvl 20 with it. They are on module 3 and lvl 10 at the moment.

I am either tired of the campaign or its something else. I have not migrated the campaign and players over to Unity yet. In truth I wanted to pause the Ashes campaign and start a new one on Unity.

Enter my desire to run a mega dungeon. Most of my game years were spent in the 80s-90s with the modules from old 2nd edition. I absolutely loved the slaver series A1 -A4, which eventually bled into the Giants G1,2,3 and downward into the D series!

I played the hell out of those. Alas those times are past. I am totally committed to pathfinder 2E. I love it. My players really love it, (like a lot). I find that my play style is RP limited (and more kick in the door type), I should break out of this but I don't. I love the mega dungeon concept and 3 of my players do as well.

Is there a module or series of them that are here on FG and worth converting to P2 (that you also enjoyed)?

Or....

Should I just migrate everyone to Unity, deal with some occasional bugs and finish the Ashes Campaign?

I would be concerned if I was a player and the GM started dropping campaigns because they stopped feeling it (rather than trying to make it more enjoyable for themselves). It happens sometimes and I have had to do it myself but it is really important to know why you feel the need to change and if it isn't possible to adjust what you are running to make it fit more of what you want to be running, especially if the players were having fun and have already invested a lot of time into a campaign.

Saying this as a GM not as a player.

If you are really set on a megadungeon the best modern one imo is Dungeon of the Mad Mage, as with all mega dungeons this will be a divisive matter of taste but I think it manages size and simplicity in good measure. It is designed for 5e and as such would require you to essentially just use it for theming though.
    There is an extension you can get that allows you to load 5e modules into PF2e, you would still need to create, replace or convert every monster and item but it would save you a lot of time with images and story text and linkage.

PF2e is getting a dungeon delve adventure 1-10 starting in January next year and set in the same location as the Beginner box adventure and adventure module adventures coming out in the coming months. This might be your best option imo.

Also Volume 4 of age of ashes might give you some of the dungeon delving you might be craving. Being in the five kings mountains and all.

Thanks for the reply.

Yea. The next adventure path after current is a 3 chapter AP (the first one they've done for Pathfinder that's not 6 chapters). And on Paizo's product page it actually uses the word "megadungeon."

I saw that on Paizo's prouct page. I am subbed to that product. I know there is a 'mega dungeon' camp (I'm in there) and the far opposite of that open RP or even theater of the mind camp. I like the semi-linear layout of how dungeons work. I just thought I would ask folks here what they liked.

If you don't mind running (or converting) from the original Labyrinth Lord, Stonehell and Barrowmaze are a couple of excellent megadungeons in the traditional style. Then of course there is Arden Vul if you are bonkers

I converted Mad Mage for PF2 and my players had tons of fun. I put it under Riddleport and incorporated the lore of Pathfinder with faction missions and stuff like that. The way the floors are laid out for each level range and the shortcuts between levels and stuff work really well for a megadungeon as well as expanding on the ecology of the dungeon and why certain factions live where they do. I did PF2 because it has way more character options and the treasure handout is far superior from a DM standpoint. Also you can make huge changes or omit floors entirely if you wanted to and it still works well with minor adjustments.

One very simple idea, too, is the old "rod of seven parts" type scenario. You can get maps for 7 (or so) dungeons. And have the basic story that an artifact has been split into pieces. And an evil so-and-so wants to collect them and rule/destroy the world. Each piece has a cool ability. And is kept in a dungeon somewhere more dangerous than the last. The plot is laid out. You just populate your dungeons with monsters and traps.

Oh man, when you said Dungeon of the Mad Mage, I didn't realize it was Undermountain. If I'd known there was a modern Undermountain adventure I'd have been all over that ages ago. Converting that to 2e sounds like a lot of fun.

I found one! Over on drive thru RPG I found the old school one by G Gillespie! Many folks here and on FGC helping me with maps and advice on writing it so i can convert it to P2E

Thread Information