STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Too many tokens

Too many tokens

Yesterday I continued a campaign with a pre built adventure Ive been running for a couple of months. Prior to the adventure I added about 50 custom tokens to the map.

During the adventure my players had long delay times loading the map and sometimes were unable to see the map at all

I thought it was due to recent upgrades, but could it be the no of tokens increasing the size of the map, causing longer download times, that is the probable reason for the problems.

Thoughts please?

Thanks

Yes, it is possible. I did see a post from someone at one point where a single token was causing an issue. I think, however Moon Wizard tracked that down and fixed the issue. All you can do is test the map without the tokens to see if that solves the issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    50 tokens on a map in FGU with LOS can have significant performance impacts. Especially if Party Vision is On and many of those tokens are friendly or otherwise part of party vision.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    50 tokens on a map in FGU with LOS can have significant performance impacts. Especially if Party Vision is On and many of those tokens are friendly or otherwise part of party vision.
    I was making the assumption that these weren't tokens placed on the map as NPCs but rather things like furniture or other stuff on a separate layer. Whether that should affect anything I don't really know.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    If it is FGU related, might wish to look at this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...n-be-gt-5mins)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information