STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    yes, i was able to connect to your table top last night.

Blog Entries
    Azrael,

Was Advanced Security active the first time Kwagz92 tried to connect?
    If so he may somehow still be blocked in there?
    Kwagz92 can you see if you can get your router to grab another IP address?
    You might have to call Cox and ask for their help.

Yes, he's always had advanced security disabled while we play. He's reset his gateway and everything else in between.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwagz92 View Post
    Yes, he's always had advanced security disabled while we play. He's reset his gateway and everything else in between.
    What do you think might be stopping it?

Others can connect.
    You can connect to me.
    You can reach his WAN IP in the tracert.
    Odds are he hasnt always had advanced security disabled while we play. Odds are he has done that since he found out it blocks FG.
    Im wondering if you are still in a block list and the software just isnt showing that.
    Thats why Im suggesting you see if you can get your local IP to change - not on your PC, on your Router.
    It might be as simple as turning it off for 10mins and back on, but you might need your ISP to force it.

Thats my best guess based on what we do know.

I don't have advanced security on my ISP, but in the initial discussions it was mentioned that it wasn't possible to disable the advanced security that was causing this issue. Specifically "I had a Comcast tech out and he said this extra layer of security can't be bypassed and even the newest of modems will have it."

Has that changed? Or is the option that is mentioned being disabled in this thread isn't the option we're looking for?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information