DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Player can't connect (Need Help) (Has already connected before, so a new issue)

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

I am at my wits end here trying to help my player. He has connected to my sessions before, and we changed nothing on our respective ends. He still has the firewall rule enabled to allow connections to port 1802. He's gone to canyouseeme.org and it says the connection times out, but I had him run a commandprompt patch trace and it went through. I know it's not a me issue as other players have connected, and since he hasn't changed anything since the last time he connected except for downloading 3.3.11 I know it's not a wrong patch issue.

The only thing I can figure is it's either his ISP blocking him (he has Cox) or his router that had no issue before is blocking the port. Any ideas?

V/R

Azrael

Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues.

Are you using FGC or FGU?

Doing a check via canyouseeme.org only applies to the GM, as only the GM needs connectivity on port 1802 (for FG Classic).

Does this apply to you (the GM): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe,

Thanks for the response. We use FGC. I have xfinity and already found how to disable my ISPs protection so players can join. He joined a session two weeks ago, so unless Cox blocked it for him in that time frame I don't know if that's the issue. How would he check to see if Cox is blocking it for him? That page only seems to have the instructions for xfinity.

V/R

Azrael

Quote Originally Posted by AzraelofAvagana View Post
    Thanks for the response. We use FGC. I have xfinity and already found how to disable my ISPs protection so players can join. He joined a session two weeks ago, so unless Cox blocked it for him in that time frame I don't know if that's the issue. How would he check to see if Cox is blocking it for him? That page only seems to have the instructions for xfinity.
    As that page mentions - the block is not a one off, it refreshes every 30 days. So you need to keep granting access.

Cox uses the same base product as XFinity, but it'll probably just be a different interface. I believe it's still called "Advanced Internet Security". So look for that in your Cox account/app.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe,

I'm the player in question in this forum. I'm unable to locate this information in my Cox account online or through the App. I didn't need to mess with my cox app prior to this. My pathways through my firewall are still good, I've disabled my firewall and router security. I'm getting a "success" when i test the connection but still unable to connect.

Welcome to the FG forums Kwagz92!

As I mentioned above, players don't need to do any port forwarding, or unblocking of ports on their side. The "success" in a test is also only for a GM.

Sorry, I missed that the GM is on Xfinity. The GM should check that XFinity Advanced Internet Security is not blocking your connection. Even if it's been allowed in the past, they will need to double-check again.

Trenloe,

I've had the xfi advanced security completely disabled for every session. It's not able to block him, or any other player. Sorry I thought that I made that clear in my second post. There's obviously some connection issue between me and him specifically. No other player has had this sort of issue joining me, and he was able to connect to another GM that helped him last night when I logged off.

V/R

Azrael
    Last edited by AzraelofAvagana; August 10th, 2020 at 23:05.

Blog Entries
    Hi Azrael

Can you ask the player who cant connect to post a tracert to your GM IP address? Have one or two layers who can connect should do the same.
    This will give us a better picture of where the issue might be occurring.

Damned, here you go.

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 8 ms 7 ms 8 ms 10.3.96.1
    3 8 ms 8 ms 9 ms 100.126.4.184
    4 8 ms 9 ms 9 ms 100.126.4.92
    5 13 ms 14 ms 15 ms dalsbprj01-ae1.0.rd.dl.cox.net [68.1.2.109]
    6 14 ms 12 ms 13 ms be-207-pe03.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [75.149.229.65]
    7 16 ms 16 ms 13 ms be-12495-cr02.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.85.193]
    8 19 ms 19 ms 18 ms ae-79-ar01.bearcreek.tx.houston.comcast.net [68.86.92.62]
    9 18 ms 19 ms 19 ms ae-1-rur02.grant.tx.houston.comcast.net [68.85.247.114]
    10 18 ms 18 ms 18 ms lag-2-1-acr01.grant.tx.houston.comcast.net [96.110.157.182]
    11 28 ms 25 ms 25 ms c-76-30-154-218.hsd1.tx.comcast.net [76.30.154.218]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\kyle6>

Thread Information