Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Resource name question

Just a quickie

When an npc character sheet is in edit mode what is the resource name of the text entry boxes (the ones with the nice border around them), I can't figure out what they are called so I can implement a new text entry box.

Cheers, Steve.

If you are referring to the template used, then most cases they are string_column and string_columnh. The difference is the one that ends in h will hide if no data is contained in the box.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Awesome, just what I needed.

Thank you

Is there a reference document that shows what attributes a string_column has ?

Cheers, Steve.

No, expanded CoreRPG templates are not in the refdoc and that is why I keep CoreRPG unpacked to search for various templates that are available. The refdoc will contain information on the base elements.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/stringcontrol.xcp
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

That explains my lack of search success, I had no idea it was not a 'base' Fantasygrounds template
    Great pointer superteddy

Cheers, Steve.

Great guideline is if it's not named in the refdoc, it's an expanded template in the ruleset. Start with CoreRPG and move onto the layered ruleset.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

That is something I'll bear in mind from now on, it may stop my incessant idiot questions

Cheers, Steve.

Ignore the previous post, idiot question incoming

Is there an existing template for a single line textbox? i.e. one that doesn't create a 2nd line if the enter key is pressed while in text entry.

Cheers, Steve.

This is where the fun bit comes in. When you see a template that you like and want to change it see how it's originally set up.

<template name="string_column">
    <basicstring>
    <anchored>
    <top parent="columnanchor" anchor="bottom" relation="relative" offset="7" />
    <left offset="97" />
    <right offset="-5" />
    </anchored>
    <multilinespacing>20</multilinespacing>
    </basicstring>
    </template>

This is where you get to tinker with it. Try copying this template and then creating a new template and calling it something unique. Then I would start by removing the <multilinespacing> tag. This may remove the ability of it to to a return and continue with a single line of text.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information