FG Spreadshirt Swag

Spells and spell effects

Hello,

Recently I have been creating a number of monsters/npcs with spells and run into a problem. A lot of spells in 3.5 do not come with effects or are have incorrect effects/damage. This problem can be alievated by changing the effects/damage on each spell.
    My problem stems from the sheer amount of repetition when I have to create a multiple npcs/monsters with spells.
    So I was wondering if it is possible to create a spell where I can add those effects my spells. That way when I drag that spell on the npc the effect will be added without me having to recreate if again and again for each npc/monster.
    I have looked into spells, but haven't found any obvious way of adding effects. It appears that the effects are parsed automatically from the program when it reads the text.

Is there any way of adding effects on spells so that I don't have to recreate them manually?

Thank you for your time

Quote Originally Posted by Kaju View Post
    Hello,

Recently I have been creating a number of monsters/npcs with spells and run into a problem. A lot of spells in 3.5 do not come with effects or are have incorrect effects/damage. This problem can be alievated by changing the effects/damage on each spell.
    My problem stems from the sheer amount of repetition when I have to create a multiple npcs/monsters with spells.
    So I was wondering if it is possible to create a spell where I can add those effects my spells. That way when I drag that spell on the npc the effect will be added without me having to recreate if again and again for each npc/monster.
    I have looked into spells, but haven't found any obvious way of adding effects. It appears that the effects are parsed automatically from the program when it reads the text.

Is there any way of adding effects on spells so that I don't have to recreate them manually?

Thank you for your time
    Hi

When you created your own effects, actions and so on, then drag&drop that spell from the actions tab into the spells' window of the sidebar This will create a copy of that spell there, but it will use your definitions when you drag&drop this later into a sheet

See PFRPG - Spellbook for ready-made spells with effects.
    See PFRPG Action Library for 'spells' for feats, combat actions, universal monster abilities, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hi

When you created your own effects, actions and so on, then drag&drop that spell from the actions tab into the spells' window of the sidebar This will create a copy of that spell there, but it will use your definitions when you drag&drop this later into a sheet
    This worked, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    See PFRPG - Spellbook for ready-made spells with effects.
    See PFRPG Action Library for 'spells' for feats, combat actions, universal monster abilities, etc.
    I'm playing 3.5 so I'm not sure if these are modules will work, thanks for posting though.

This worked, thank you very much!

I'm playing 3.5 so I'm not sure if these are modules will work, thanks for posting though.
    You can load PF1 modules The only problem is then that some spells work differently (in sense of the rules/their description, mirror image for example), but many (if not most, I think?) spells work the same

One more question if anyone knows.

So far I'm using a campaign where I create my spells and then I export them using the export fuction of fantasy grounds. All works great so far.
    Now I want to make spell lists (similar to the one in 3.5 OGL spell module, 3.5E Spells) where people can easily look up the spells. The whole idea is to replace the 3.5E Spells module with my own.
    Is it possible to create those spells list in the campaign and have them exported? If yes then what entity do I use? Story? Tables? Special Abilities? Or do I have to manually create them on the xml file after I finish exporting all the spells?

One more question if anyone knows.

So far I'm using a campaign where I create my spells and then I export them using the export fuction of fantasy grounds. All works great so far.
    Now I want to make spell lists (similar to the one in 3.5 OGL spell module, 3.5E Spells) where people can easily look up the spells. The whole idea is to replace the 3.5E Spells module with my own.
    Is it possible to create those spells list in the campaign and have them exported? If yes then what entity do I use? Story? Tables? Special Abilities? Or do I have to manually create them on the xml file after I finish exporting all the spells?
    you mean the lists from the library? I think this is only possible in xml

Yes, I think it's the spells in the library.
    This is what I'm talking about:
    image.png

I tried it and it was possible to do via the xml, the only annoying issue is that if you expor the campaign the xml gets overwritten and the list is lost.
    That's why I was asking if it's possible to do so via the campaign.

There is no way currently to set up library links through FG. It will revert to the base library link for that record type. It would have to be done by hand, as you mentioned, through the XML.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information