FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Considering the possible network speed, no.
    The slowdown subsides if nothing happens on the CT or the map, but immediately restarts when a player targets other tokens (targeting one token takes the same time as a group of tokens).
    After the player left I continued the local server scenario with 2 players in my home LAN. I added 20 more entries to the ct (20 skeletons).
    The GM PC slowed down for a few seconds, while the notebook needed 5 mins to show them in ct and on the map
    Last edited by buzzharley; August 10th, 2020 at 19:09.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzharley View Post
    Considering the possible network speed, no.
    The slowdown subsides if nothing happens on the CT or the map, but immediately restarts when a player targets other tokens (targeting one token takes the same time as a group of tokens).
    After the player left I continued the local server scenario with 2 players in my home LAN. I added 20 more entries to the ct (20 skeletons).
    The GM PC slowed down for a few seconds, while the notebook needed 5 mins to show them in ct and on the map
    Is line-of-sight active on this map? Thanks.

Yep, but the first time it happened it wasn't.

Is there anything needed for futher analysis? I will be happy to provide. Did the log files help?

Some questions:

- Were there any other computer connected?
    - What is your CPU % sitting at when everything is idle (all images closed)
    - What is your memory usage at when FG is left idle?

There were 5 players connected, we were playing on cloud server. All have at least 100Mbits connections.

2nd question: FG started, nothing opened: no other process, except backgrounds: cpu2,6% and 650MB

Played yesterday: 5 players, same technical setup as last time, one player unable to join from the lobby (waiting for response...) changed hardware for that player.
    Deactivated all extensions save universal, deactivated most modules. Activated LOS. Combat was completely setup beforehand. CT was populated, map open. Then the players joined
    CT had 40 participants, low level chars, simple mobs. removed some of the mobs and doubled the hp of the remaining 1s (isnt the same, I know)
    Combat went slow, but nobody got more than 6 secs lag during the battle. After some mobs were cleared from the map game was running more smoothly.

Conclusion: For battles with more than 30 participants, set up the ct beforehand and let the players join the setup, adding the prepared encounters with the players connected to the CT will cause immense lag and the network wont recover easily.

Why does the CT participants cause lag I wonder.
    What is FGU doing in the background?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qdwag View Post
    Why does the CT participants cause lag I wonder.
    What is FGU doing in the background?
    Because FG has to calculate LOS for each and every token on the CT. So the more creatures on the CT, the more calculations it has to do. It you have a map with lots of LOS occluder segments, then you are multiple the two numbers together (roughly).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ah okay, has anyone of you tested it without LOS?

I don't run with LOS purely because it gets unfeasible (GPU/CPU resource wise). It's more trouble than it is worth.

Theoretically, without LOS, there shouldn't be much of a bog-down for the CT, right?

Thread Information