STAR TREK 2d20

Is there a plan in place to make the campaigns be stored in a cloud environment?

Hello everyone!

I am currently running an FGU campaign and I work on my campaign at home on my PC and then I run the campaign at a friends house from my laptop. I currently have to move files back and forth between the 2 systems and it is a pain in the arse to put it mildly!!

I am hoping that at some point along the development there is a solution to this problem as I can not imagine that I am the only one doing this.........

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums.

No, FG architecture is basically client-server, moving to a hosted solution is not simple, or inexpensive. And would certainly require an increased subscription cost.

Do not put your FG Data on an actively synced cloud location (Google, One Drive, etc), but you can easily write batch scripts to copy your FG Data to a shared location when you are done prepping and then download it when you get to your play location. You could even write scripts to do this when you start and exit FG.

You could also run your FG Data directory on a USB drive, but make sure you backup regularly since USB drives have a high failure rate and you would not want to lose your data.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information