Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Dice results not matching.

I've been experiencing instances where the dice result on the die did not match the printed result in the chat-log. This has been a bummer when it made the difference between success and failure.

I don't think I've had this problem until recently. Anyone know what's up?

5e, latest update as of 8/6/20

FGU or FGC?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Are you using any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Interesting this has yet to happen to me...like ever.

Hopefully this thread stays updated as i would like to know if a cause for this is discovered.

I've seen it from time to time, but only with a LOT of extensions and way too much loaded data. Whenever I'm in a clean campaign the dice work perfectly.

I've noticed it happening again during my latest session, and I'm not running any extensions. I've only loaded up the Dragon Heist module, PHB, and DM Guide.

It's odd because I don't think I've ever had this happen in any previous campaign.

Can you provide more details on which rolls had the issue? And a screenshot of the chat window when first loading into the tabletop (for version info) and of the problematic roll (for detail)?

(You can do quick screen snip in Windows 10 using Windows key + Shift key + S.)

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Can you provide more details on which rolls had the issue? And a screenshot of the chat window when first loading into the tabletop (for version info) and of the problematic roll (for detail)?

(You can do quick screen snip in Windows 10 using Windows key + Shift key + S.)

Thanks,
    JPG
    In my last game as player I was seeing this, too, in FGC (no extensions, 5e). But only I was seeing that, the other player, who actually rolled the die, was seeing the correct value on the die. Sadly, I was too slow in making the screenshot (because the die starts to vanish when the chat message about the result got posted; one needs to be really quick then and I was not prepared for that)

(In case it matters: It was a d20 roll with advantage, he was seeing two 8's as results of the physical dice, and I was seeing a 20 and an 8)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; August 12th, 2020 at 00:22.

That leads me to ask whether the issue is that the dice in the chat window are not totalling correctly; or whether the results reported for each die in the chat window are not matching 3D dice. Those would be two completely separate issues. And, I would still need to get examples if possible, so I can recreate.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information