5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    That leads me to ask whether the issue is that the dice in the chat window are not totalling correctly; or whether the results reported for each die in the chat window are not matching 3D dice. Those would be two completely separate issues. And, I would still need to get examples if possible, so I can recreate.

Regards,
    JPG
    For me it was the latter (the result report does not match the 3D die) And it sounded like that the others (reporting here in this thread) had the same issue, I think

Sadly, I cannot recreate it at the moment, just something I observed now once, looked like a rare glitch to me

Me too, where the die roll shown on the die is different from what's reported in chat. It happened in a 5E game a few weeks ago, on a Con save vs. a Basilisk. FGC, fairly rare bug - I hadn't seen the bug in like months. It's why we use the house rule that what shows up in chat is the real roll.

If it's FGC, then I believe there is a situation where the parameters used to initialize the physics simulation can be rounded off between player and GM, causing the dice to show different on player and GM screens. The reported die is always from the person doing the roll. I've never really looked into what exactly causes the issue, since it would be a lot of digging on old code vs. working on FGU code.

In FGU, the dice models are synchronized, instead of independent simulations.

Regards,
    JPG

If it's FGC, then I believe there is a situation where the parameters used to initialize the physics simulation can be rounded off between player and GM, causing the dice to show different on player and GM screens. The reported die is always from the person doing the roll. I've never really looked into what exactly causes the issue, since it would be a lot of digging on old code vs. working on FGU code.

In FGU, the dice models are synchronized, instead of independent simulations.

Regards,
    JPG
    ah, thanks for the explanation Yeah, for me it was in FGC, and I also thought that it might be due to independent simulations on all sites but with different roundings somewhere. Interesting to know that FGU now synchronizes the dice on all sites

For the record, my group uses FGC and has seen this occur multiple times over the last 3-6 months. Not sure when it actually started. It's definitely the dice and not the modifiers. On one situation the dice said 18, and the result in chat was 2. On a moderately important saving throw. (I forget what, exactly.)

As DM, I had to rule that chat results over-ruled the dice. The player was not happy, but understood.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

I was getting a similar glitch in FGU on Tuesday evening. I didn't get any screenshots, but I'll try to replicate it next time we play and put in an official report. It was only from one player as far as I remember, but it happened with almost every single roll from them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ericsherwood View Post
    It was only from one player as far as I remember, but it happened with almost every single roll from them.
    Make sure host and all players are on the same version (date code). There was a change to the die models recently that would cause the disconnect to almost always happen.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Will do. It's possible that we were on different versions. Last time I checked to verify was the update that required everyone to be on the same version to connect.

As far as I can tell, the player was seeing the same number on the die and in the chat (I could be wrong about this. I've texted him to ask if he remembers). My chat showed the number that matched his, but the die on my screen didn't.

Can you provide more details on which rolls had the issue? And a screenshot of the chat window when first loading into the tabletop (for version info) and of the problematic roll (for detail)?

(You can do quick screen snip in Windows 10 using Windows key + Shift key + S.)

Thanks,
    JPG

As some others have mentioned, my problem was also with the dice results, not in the addition of the modifiers. The die face result didn't match the chat window's dice result before modifiers.

I can't be 100% sure, but I saw the same dice face result (as GM) with another player. Maybe it's coincidence, but I don't think it's just a variance between GM vs Player either.

As far as screenshots, I already updated a couple times and the 3d dice disappear so fast, I'm not confident I can get a pic of that. But I'll try next time it happens.

Thread Information