DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Preshare means that you set the image to load when the players are not connected and when they do they'll download the image when they join. I don't think anything will happen if you prehsare a map when the players are joined - I'm not sure on that. If players are joined then you would use share rather than preshare. If you are using preshare when players are joined this could explain the gray boxes because the image isn't downloading. But as Tremloe says above if you are sharing large images those could take several minutes to load for the players and until it does load it'll be a gray box.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The issue with pre-sharing is that the players can go to their images campaign data list and open the images. Sometimes even seeing the name of an image can be a spoiler - I had this in a record one-off game, I went to the images list to open a previously shared image and the names of some of the pre-shared maps spoiled it a bit for me. So, if you do pre-share, use image identification (not ID'd at first) and also put a mask on the map so that if the players open it they can't see it.

Presharing when players are already joined should cause the players to download the image into their local cache, so that sharing in future is essentially just the same as opening the image, as it's already there. I've never experienced any issues with this, and I haven't heard of the behaviour mentioned in post #1. The next time this happens, please ask the players to take a screenshot - the Print Screen button on the computer keyboard will take a complete screenshot of the FG window and store it as screenshotXXXX.png in the FG app data directory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So, I resized all my images down to the recommended size over the past few weeks and, in our session on Thursday night, we did experience much better loading times and less lag when unmasking parts of the map. We still had one crash though when unmasking the app which is really frustrating.

The bigger issue, and what I need to focus on today, is that we were plagued with targeting issues throughout the night and it's now getting to the point where my players are asking me to consider moving away from Fantasy Grounds altogether in favour of another VTT. It's just becoming a running joke now which isn't good.

Let me show you some examples.

Issue 1 Issue 1.png

Durin targets the Ogre, Gog, with Guiding Bolt. This is shown in the screenshot and I can confirm there was no change in targeting between the roll and the screenshot. The chat log clearly shows Guiding Bolt rolling against Durin's AC and failing to hit. Gog has 11 AC so this should have hit.

Issue 2 Issue 2.png

In this picture we see the chat log showing that Lucius has Gog targetted. He casts Firebolt but the damage is applied to Orc 4. I checked the combat tracker - again, Lucius had Gog targetted throughout.

Issue 3 Issue 3.png

Lucius targets Orcs 1 and 8. He is attempting to use the Twinned Spell, Firebolt. Damage is applied to Orc 2.

This sort of thing happened about half a dozen times throughout the course of the evening. It's happening to all of the players. There's no real common theme but I'm just spending so much time manually removing damage from untargetted mobs and manually running calculations on the mobs that should be affected and, as I say, my players are just building the perception that Fantasy Grounds is unreliable.

I don't know where to start troubleshooting this but would appreciate any help as I've got a lot invested in this platform to attempt to move to another system.

Many thanks!
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

Blog Entries
    What date version are you running? Have you visually verified ALL of your players are using the exact same date version? Not just asking them if they have updated, but having them actually verify the date code? (Many times using say they have done something and maybe they have, but they may not tell you about error messages or other things they ignore.) Have you turned off ALL extensions, themes and decals?

When this happens, grab your log files from the /console, plus grab your chalog.html as that will help diagnose.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

We're all using the version released on the 25th. All party members have confirmed that they updated before the session on the 27th and I believe them because this has been going on for long enough that we are hypersensitive towards troubleshooting.

I am running the following extensions;

5E ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11B for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    D&D Official Language Fonts for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC. D&D Copyright 2015 Wizards of the Coast LLC
    LAE: Expanded Options v1.9 for FG v3.3.7 5E ruleset. Designed and Implemented by Laendra.
    AudioOverseer - CoreRPG version 1.23. by Celestian, 2020 ---
    Extension (Decal_LMOP) loaded.
    November Decals by Tony Platts.

I will disable all of these before the next session for troubleshooting purposes.

Didn't know anything about /console but I'll give it a try next time. The chatlog though is pretty clear on the issue;

[TURN] Durin Blackhill
    Durin Blackhill: [CAST] Guiding Bolt [at Durin Blackhill]
    Durin Blackhill: [ATTACK (R)] Guiding Bolt [1d20+2 = 13]
    Attack [13] -> [at Durin Blackhill] [MISS]
    Durin Blackhill: [DAMAGE] Guiding Bolt [TYPE: radiant (4d6=8)] [4d6 = 8]
    Damage [8] -> [to Gog]
    Durin Blackhill: [1d6 = 1]
    Effect ['GRANTADVATK'] -> [to Gog] [by Durin Blackhill]

As you can see, Durin (with Gog targetted) casts Guiding Bolt. The spell resolves against Durin and he rolls a 13 against his AC of 16. It therefore misses Durin but should have hit. We therefore confirm that Durin is still targeting Gog. He is. I tell him to roll the damage and, as you see, this goes off Gog.

Later on we see Lucius targeting Orcs 1 and 8 and hitting 2 for 1 damage.

[TURN] Lucius Tenebril
    Lucius Tenebril: [CAST] Fire Bolt
    Lucius Tenebril: [ATTACK (R)] Fire Bolt [1d20+6 = 23]
    Lucius Tenebril: [1d20 = 6]
    Lucius Tenebril: [DAMAGE] Fire Bolt [TYPE: fire (1d10=1)] [1d10 = 1]
    Damage [1] -> [to Orc 2]
    Lucius Tenebril: [2d4 = 7]
    Lucius Tenebril: [DAMAGE] Fire Bolt [TYPE: fire (1d10=1)] [1d10 = 1]
    Damage [1] -> [to Orc 2]

This is a trusted group of friends. If they weren't updating they'd admit it. Similarly, if they were targeting the wrong NPC they'd own up to it and we'd laugh about it. It's definitely not a user issue at this point.

Are they doing all of this through combat tracker and their action tab or are they dropping the dice on the map for hit and or damage?
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

They are targetting the NPC using the Ctrl key, I am witnessing the Combat Log show the character name and clearly showing who they are targetting, and then they are rolling for the attack using the Dice icon on the Actions tab of their character sheet.

Blog Entries
    Rylan, if you have time etc, have you tried jumping on Discord and seeing if anyone can walk through this real-time? I would offer myself, but am going to be in and out the rest of the day (for me, -7 UTC). I should have time tomorrow if you want to work something out. But there are lots of others who might be able to help too.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Discord-Server

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've joined and have put something in the support threads now.

Thread Information