DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Registering the Classic Lic on Steam.

I read where I could register my classic License I bought here on Steam.

So, I bought a Fantasy Grounds Classic - Ultimate License and I tried to register it on Steam, but it keeps saying invalid code.

How do I get it to work with Steam.. btw I have tried it about 4 times over the last month or more still nothing. I emailed them but never heard anything.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
    Scavenger

First I'm going to assume you followed the instructions here:

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+Applications

You might want to double check. If you are then it sounds like you might have an extra space at the end or something. You might want to double check your key is the same you have in your order history.

Blog Entries
    SmiteWorks only send the codes to Steam to be available for validation every 4-8 weeks. I have no idea where they are in that cycle, so you might have to wait another month or so until you can register it there.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    First I'm going to assume you followed the instructions here:

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+Applications

You might want to double check. If you are then it sounds like you might have an extra space at the end or something. You might want to double check your key is the same you have in your order history.
    This doesn't give you access to FG in Steam.

As LordEntrails says, codes are sent periodically to Steam. Info here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/25269...5530621472814/ It doesn't look like keys have been uploaded for a while, or if they have that thread hasn't been updated.

@Electronic Scavenger - welcome to the FG forums! Sorry you're having issues. I'd try emailing support again - include your license key in the email. They may be able to give you a dummy key to register FG in Steam.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

OK so I do not really get why you would need to. When I launch through stream I get a popup that gives me the FGC serial number. I did originally buy it through steam. If I just launched the demo version from Steam. I would still get into FGC which is where you would put the serial number. All updates to FGC are done through the FGC launcher. So other than just having it unlocked in steam what am I missing?

The main drive to have your purchase registered on Steam is to allow purchase of FG DLC through Steam - this is useful for those outside the USA as they can get better regional pricing. Other than regional pricing, the only other "nice to haves" are seeing Fantasy Grounds in your Steam library and tracking hours of use, there's little else because, as @Granamere says, FG actually runs outside of Steam.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for all the help guys. I did do all those things, I guess I will have to try to contact them again.

I bought it here to help Fantasy Grounds get a little more of the money. When I am getting stuff I am going to try to buy it here, but I would like steam as an option

Becareful. One thing I learned the hard way was if I buy a module on the Fantasy Grounds site it will not show as bought in steam so you can accidently buy it twice. Same thing goes if you buy on steam it will not show as bought on Fantasy Grounds website. If you think you might want to buy a bundle from the Fantasy Grounds store then always buy from the store. If you currently want to use a wishlist the only place to do that is the Steam store.

Once you start buying only buy from that same place going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    SmiteWorks only send the codes to Steam to be available for validation every 4-8 weeks. I have no idea where they are in that cycle, so you might have to wait another month or so until you can register it there.
    4-8 weeks really. That seems a bit slow even in 2021....

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The main drive to have your purchase registered on Steam is to allow purchase of FG DLC through Steam - this is useful for those outside the USA as they can get better regional pricing. Other than regional pricing, the only other "nice to haves" are seeing Fantasy Grounds in your Steam library and tracking hours of use, there's little else because, as @Granamere says, FG actually runs outside of Steam.
    Thanks for this Trenloe

Cheers

Thread Information