DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Spell Tokens for Players

I'm trying to create a token module that I can share with players so they have the ability to drop a spell token onto the map when they cast certain spells. From the player client, there aren't any options in the Assets for tokens. I have tried to add them on the client PC but that also doesn't seem to work. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
    Matt

If it is a module then you need to add/load the module into your campaign, then your players would go into Library, click on Modules and then open the spell token module you've created/added.

I’m pretty sure although I can’t test this but you still can’t share tokens with players in Unity. I’m not certain if putting the tokens in the tokens/shared folder will even have them appear for players.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

My apologies. I didn't realize this was in the Unity forum. I was speaking in regards to Classic.

There isn't a shared directory at all anymore, so I am wondering if there just isn't a way for players to be able to place a token at all?

Quote Originally Posted by dustem View Post
    My apologies. I didn't realize this was in the Unity forum. I was speaking in regards to Classic.
    The same applies to Classic.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The same applies to Classic.
    Come to think of it, you're right. I had access to the spell tokens and I had to drop them on to the battle map and then my players could maneuver them around. I quit using them as they became a pain to use.

Ultimately what I am looking for is a better way for the players to see an area of effect and what squares in the grid are affected. Maybe I just need some tokens to drop down that are already in those grid cutout shapes.

Quote Originally Posted by tmsooner View Post
    Ultimately what I am looking for is a better way for the players to see an area of effect and what squares in the grid are affected. Maybe I just need some tokens to drop down that are already in those grid cutout shapes.
    You can do some of this with the pointers. Unfortunately you have to redraw them each time. Might be nice if you could predefine some (e.g. 20' radius circle, 60' cone, 120' line, etc.)

Thread Information