DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FGU - Managing Allies

So, I'm trying to figure out how to give my players control of their allies. I tried dragging them from the NPC menu and dropping them on the Ally section, then dragging them to the combat tracker, but that doesn't work. I've also tried removing the PC from the Combat Tracker and re-adding them to it in hopes that the allies would drag along with it, but that didn't work either. I've also looked at the wiki and was unable to find an answer there as well.

If someone could shed some light on this, or point me in the right direction so I can figure it out on my own, that would be much appreciated
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

I made some tests and I can make Allies rolls but I can't move the token on map. Is the same for you, :{ BK }:?
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

That is exactly what's happening... I did find this thread though, so I'm going to give this a try at my next session.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ghlight=allies

I know FGU is still in Beta, and hopefully that doesn't go on for very much longer, but it would be nice if the Wiki actually had this information and I didn't have to go digging through a forum, or even make this post, to find my answer. I should've been able to go the Savage Worlds rules set and find information on how to utilize this core mechanic within the context of FGU. I've been using FG for 6+ years and their wiki has always been lacking... It is truly frustrating sometimes.

Thanks so much for sharing your findings. So “LOS Party visión and movement” option must be activated.
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

No prob!

Quote Originally Posted by g0ntzal View Post
    Thanks so much for sharing your findings. So “LOS Party visión and movement” option must be activated.
    I was running up against this the other night. I really don't like this solution. I wish these were two separate options. I may want to give players control of an NPC, but not let them see the map from other players vantage points.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Quote Originally Posted by i3ullseye View Post
    I was running up against this the other night. I really don't like this solution. I wish these were two separate options. I may want to give players control of an NPC, but not let them see the map from other players vantage points.
    Make the NPC a PC and let one of the players Own the NPC/PC by claiming it in the Character Selection.

So I've tried this following the directions very carefully, and my players can move the NPCs, open the sheet, roll traits and even see LOS and Fog of War (Options set to share party vision).

HOWEVER, they are unable to interact with the combat tab. Double-clicking attacks or damage does nothing. Not able to drag dice onto creatures, desktop or chat. Again, I've followed the directions provided:
    * Drag NPC to combat tracker
    * Drag NPC link from tracker to PC portrait at top. Sheet opens for PC and NPC now shows up in PC's Allies list.
    * Drag NPC token to map
    * PC is able to move NPC around and open the sheet by double-clicking the token. Can use traits on Traits tab without issue.
    * Can't make attacks or do anything on the Combat tab

I'll take this functioning over fancy lighting and LOS stuff, just saying

Quote Originally Posted by GM BK View Post
    I'll take this functioning over fancy lighting and LOS stuff, just saying
    Thumbs up.

Thread Information