Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    I've spent 1 hour trying everything I could to make this old Macbook Pro push above 100%, but I wasn't able to. The highest I've managed to get it to was 90% but it only stayed that way for a few seconds and dropped back down to the 50-60% range. GPU stayed very stable at around 30% with multiple maps loaded (no LOS, as I never use that feature in my games anyway).

I did the exact same test 2 nights ago and without opening a map or any images, CPU usage for FGU sat at 300%. I am completely stumped to see the difference.

I don't know what has changed but I hope it stays this way. Keen to hear some thoughts from you Moon Wizard.

No, we haven't pushed a new build since last Wednesday.

What you're seeing is pretty consistent with what we've heard from users (i.e. it seems to be working fine when they test, but spikes during play). It seems to have something to do with time/usage where we haven't identified the correlation yet.

Regards,
    JPG

Not really. You see, when I was doing the previous tests with just my host machine and this MBP, it was already at 300% straight off the bat. There were no other connected players.
    Now I am running the test again under the exact same circumstances.

Same machines, same images shared. Same test actions were done. And it's holding super stable!

An update to this after our last game - see Post #11 for the specs of the player's mac. The only difference now is that the Player has updated his OS to Catalina.

On start up where we left off the CPU was running at 76%. The player was operating two characters since one of our players was unable to make it and we were playing in level 12 of Dungeon of the Mad Mage. Part of the map had already been explored in the previous sessions. As soon as the player moved one of the characters which revealed a little more LoS information the CPU went up to 277%. As the game progress with more movement the CPU gradually increased until after about an hour and a half it was up around the 700% mark. The characters were involved in a huge battle with many tokens on the map and it is a big map so a fairly robust test.

At this point I suggested that the player disconnect and then reconnect and on reconnection the CPU usage was back down to around 70%. However it quickly climbed again after the player moved his characters and the battle recommenced. By the end of the evening it was back to around 600% or so.

After the game, as an experiment he disconnected and then reconnected and we just left the character sitting there doing nothing for a couple of hours. After that period the CPU was only running at about the 70% mark so our tentative conclusion is that time isn't a factor and that the character needs to be doing something for the usage to climb.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; August 17th, 2020 at 10:30.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The interesting part of this is where it sat at 76% upon start up.

I ran my 2nd game on FGU with a 4th player joining to the group yesterday. We fought a combat scene on a LOS map with a discrete number of tokens (10). This time we used the lobby...

Performance was very smooth for each player and GM too.
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

So before when you had the issue with the 4th player, you connected via port forwarding?

I serve with port forwarding here. Had 5 people not including me connected in yesterday's game for 5 hours. No issues accept the targeting arrows disappear after some hours played on the same map.

Quote Originally Posted by qdwag View Post
    So before when you had the issue with the 4th player, you connected via port forwarding?
    No, we were only 3 players first time. We had no performance issues at all. I just could notice some problems testing the campaign using my MBP as the player computer. We will play our third game next week.
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

Wonder if the MAC security isn't trying to investigate "odd" network behavior from an "odd" application or something
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Thread Information