FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Versatile Heritage

Ive noticed Half-Elf and Half-Orc seem to be available to all Ancestries as a Heritage. If this a bug or is it just me?

I know the APG has heritages that are available to all ancestries, but I thought halvsies were only available to Humans?
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Ive noticed Half-Elf and Half-Orc seem to be available to all Ancestries as a Heritage. If this a bug or is it just me?

I know the APG has heritages that are available to all ancestries, but I thought halvsies were only available to Humans?
    Notice that it is tagged as an uncommon heritage in the selection box when adding an ancestry to a PC except the human ancestry - it's not listed as uncommon in the selection window for humans. This is based off the "Other Halves" sidebar on page 55 of the Core Rules. Like with anything that is uncommon in Pathfinder Second edition, you always need to be able to access it - i.e. get your GMs approval, or have the pre-reqs/access needed. Thus it is listed as an uncommon versatile heritage when making a heritage selection while in the ancestry addition phase of character generation for all ancestries except humans.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah yes, I see it now Thanks!
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

As someone who has a half-orc elf in one of my games that I had to do manually, can I just say a thousand thank yous for making half-orc and half-elf into versatile heritages going forward.

Late to the thread but Half-Orc and Half-Elf doesn't show up anywhere when trying to make a character, either under heritage or versatile. Human for example only gives me the Wintertouched. Versatile brings up the new additions in the APG.

When you drag in the elf Ancestry you get to select an option for your heritage. One is half orc and another is half elf.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Do you mean human? It's not under either Human nor Elf. Only Wintertouched and the ones from AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdshepard View Post
    Do you mean human? It's not under either Human nor Elf. Only Wintertouched and the ones from AP.
    I mean elf
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Cdshepard View Post
    Sounds like you don't have the Core Rules module open and are maybe using a copy of a Human ancestry record, not the one from the Core Rules. Please provide a screenshot of the "Select Human Heritage" selection window that appears when you drag the Human ancestry to a PC. Scroll down to the bottom of the list within the window, Half-Elf and Half-Orc will be displayed (assuming you have the Core Rules module open).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also, for other people who might have a similar issue.

The commonly available pirated module won't be up to date and results in this scenario (not being able to see heritages from the CRB).

Please support your devs, both here and from paizo.

Thread Information