STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Active token selection

Not sure whether this is a ruleset or an FGU issue, so thought I'd ask here first!

Normally when I mouse-over character tokens on the map I get a tooltip displaying the name, plus a translucent grey box behind the token. I can then move the token by dragging. However, when the token is for the active combat tracker character, they have the green inward pointing chevrons overlaid and when I mouse-over I get the name tooltip but ~95% of the time do not get the translucent grey box. I therefore can't move the active character during their turn - instead the drag moves the window. ~5% of the time, I get the grey box but I haven't been able to refine it into a reproducible sequence. The intermittent behaviour makes me think this is bug and not deliberate behaviour. This is using the latest FGU and rulesets throught the normal live channel. Performance has increased a lot with FGU recently so that's not much of an issue for us at the moment.

token_highlighting.png

Any ideas?

Cheers,

TFG
    Last edited by TheFlyingGribble; August 4th, 2020 at 15:24. Reason: Added image

Blog Entries
    The grey shading shows reach of the character. Is it possible you don't have a reach distance on the other one?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

The circle is the targeted by clicking, the square is there because you're moused over a token and thats the "reach" (which is not a AD&D specific feature) value of the token.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks folks - what about the inability to select/move the active character? I'm almost always unable to select and move the active character, but can mouse-on/mouse-off over the same active token multiple times without changing anything and occasionally it will allow me to do select/move and then only when the "reach" is displayed. What should be the behaviour in this regard?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingGribble View Post
    Here's a recording of the behaviour
    https://youtu.be/HCeQNwF0rsc
    Thats a FGU bug. It'll happen in 5e and the other rulesets as well.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks celestian - I’ll raise it in the other forum.

Blog Entries
    Here's a recording of the behaviour
    https://youtu.be/HCeQNwF0rsc
    Looking at the video, I think it is an issue with the widgets on the tokens. Can you disable extensions and see if the error persists? Also, can you point me to the extension you are using for the green chevrons on the active character? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Looking at the video, I think it is an issue with the widgets on the tokens. Can you disable extensions and see if the error persists? Also, can you point me to the extension you are using for the green chevrons on the active character? Thanks.
    Thanks - I'm not using any extensions other than a decal. I think the green chevrons are part of the standard 2E ruleset that's shipped with FGU?

Turned off decal extension and made no difference. The chevrons are changed when I modify the "Token (GM) -> Token: Initiative Indicator" style in the options panel, but the behaviour is the same regardless of the indicator style.
    Last edited by TheFlyingGribble; August 4th, 2020 at 19:45.

Blog Entries
    Thanks - I'm not using any extensions other than a decal. I think the green chevrons are part of the standard 2E ruleset that's shipped with FGU?

Turned off decal extension and made no difference. The chevrons are changed when I modify the "Token (GM) -> Token: Initiative Indicator" style in the options panel, but the behaviour is the same regardless of the indicator style.
    Thanks. I am able to reproduce using the 2E ruleset.

Thread Information