DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Perception Penalty Not Working?

I'm not putting this in bug reports because I'm assuming I'm missing something obvious. The effects page says that the way to apply a perception penalty effect is "SKILL: -3 status, perception". However, when I apply this effect to a monster, it doesn't seem to actually apply a penalty. I tried "SAVE: -3 status, will" and that works fine (can you tell I'm setting up Bon Mot? :P ), but haven't had any luck with the other.

Am I doing something obvious wrong?

It looks like perception has its own effect now on the effects page, added release 14. "PERC:# bonus"
    Last edited by kaernunnos; August 3rd, 2020 at 06:50. Reason: stupid emojis

As mentioned by kaernunnos, the skill effect no longer applies to perception checks as perception isn’t actually a skill. See the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ects#Modifiers or click the "?" button in the top right of the Campaign Effects page in FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks, Trenloe. I see the PERC entry now. I don't know who updates the wiki, but my confusion came from the description of the Blinded and Deafened conditions, which are still showing the old "SKILL: -X, perception" formatting.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    I don't know who updates the wiki, but my confusion came from the description of the Blinded and Deafened conditions, which are still showing the old "SKILL: -X, perception" formatting.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'll request that the new Wiki gets updated.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information