DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Retrieving player characters from program files

I have an issue I'm hoping I can get help with.

I recently had a laptop that I was running a Fantasy Grounds campaign on that died. RIP old laptop.

A friend pulled my program files from it in the hopes of retrieving the player characters from that campaign so they don't have to start over when I'm running the campaign from my new laptop.

In the Fantasy Grounds files, I find no Campaign folder and from reading other forum submissions, I think that's what I should be looking for. So the data may be irretrievable. But maybe someone here can help?

Also, I try to be as computer literate as I can be, but please bear with me if you suggest something, and I don't understand what you're trying to tell me. I'll do my best.

Anyway, thank you for reading and I thank you in advance for your help!

The campaigns are stored in the user data folder, not program files.
    Should be something like C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Blog Entries
    The campaign data is stored in the FG Data folder, which usually is not in the Program Files directory. I forget where it defaults, but I think its in the User directory instead.

Your players can all retrieve the characters as they were when they last disconnected from your campaign IF they do not join your game before they recover them. How this is done depends upon if you are running FGC or FGU. For FGC it is in Manage Characters - <campaign name and then export. For FGU they can start a new campaign and then import their characters from your campaign to your campaign. Then when they connect to your new campaign they will need to import their characters.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for your prompt and gracious help! If they can retrieve them themselves, that will work great, as I don't think my User data folder was saved. I'll forward the knowledge to my players.

Thread Information